• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule blames the D when asked about offensive struggles

ncfan

8 minutes ago, Snake said:

If you can't score 30 points in this league you're going to lose a bunch of games. Scoring 17 points and calling it a day way pre 2010 days. 

Ya. There’s a lot of truth there. Our offense has been low end stagnant all year. Fielding on average 23 points a game just ain’t going to cut it. So blame the defense all you want. It’s simply glossing over the offensive failure. 

32 minutes ago, Mage said:

How is he going out of his way to blame the defense when the question was about how and why the defense failed at the end of the game? 

You need to fix your hearing.  

The question I was referring to was specifically about why haven't we seen the connection that developed from Sam and Robby's time in New York transfer to this season...

To which Rhule says they are trying to develop that connection and that Robby needs to make plays. He then goes on to say this was a disappointing day globally and there will probably be an article about how well the defense played, but they've had a chance to weeks in a row to make a stop and didn't make it. 

So, uh.... you need to fix yours I guess? 

My comments weren't meant to be a big point of contention... as its been said here plenty of times, it's coach speak... trying to make the defense share the blame with the shitty offense because its a team game, yada yada. I didn't agree with what he said. I made a few comments. And now you guys have been throwing personal insults all day because a stranger shared his opinion on the internets. 

3 hours ago, ickmule said:

Rhule is not the answer. Don’t be surprised when he is shitcanned after next season. 

He’ll get a shot with a new OC before that happens. Rhule and Snow have worked together for years. Brady is the third wheel and will be the first one cut loose if Tepper demands blood.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, Kuhndog94 said:

The question I was referring to was specifically about why haven't we seen the connection that developed from Sam and Robby's time in New York transfer to this season...

To which Rhule says they are trying to develop that connection and that Robby needs to make plays. He then goes on to say this was a disappointing day globally and there will probably be an article about how well the defense played, but they've had a chance to weeks in a row to make a stop and didn't make it. 

So, uh.... you need to fix yours I guess? 

My comments weren't meant to be a big point of contention... as its been said here plenty of times, it's coach speak... trying to make the defense share the blame with the shitty offense because its a team game, yada yada. I didn't agree with what he said. I made a few comments. And now you guys have been throwing personal insults all day because a stranger shared his opinion on the internets. 

Have you thought that, maybe, Sam and Robby don't have great chemistry, that Robby performed well because he didn't have Sam, and now he's regressing back to the mean? 

15 minutes ago, Call Me James said:

Have you thought that, maybe, Sam and Robby don't have great chemistry, that Robby performed well because he didn't have Sam, and now he's regressing back to the mean? 

I'm beginning to believe that, James.

Nice to see that he developed some damn good Chemistry with DJ, though, throughout the season.

He should also try targeting TMJ more often too.

22 hours ago, ichigo1057 said:

Strange concept but maybe watch the full press conference or read the comments here and you'd realize he didn't "Protect Sam" and he did talk about his poor performance.

Strange concept but if you've followed this team for longer than this press conference you'd know that this organization has been coddling Sam from the jump. 

8 minutes ago, SOJA said:

Strange concept but if you've followed this team for longer than this press conference you'd know that this organization has been coddling Sam from the jump. 

What ever man. He played well in 3 games and thus there wasn't a need to call him out and then in 2 he makes mistakes in which the coach addresses it saying he has to play better and make better decisions but, sure, they are "coddling" him. 

23 minutes ago, SOJA said:

Except they weren't coddling him but whatever helps you sleep at night, I guess. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by glenwo2
  • Beer 1