• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Regarding Anderson's Rant

Mr. Scot

4 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

In theory, this sounds great.

In practice, there's no way in hell our line would give Sam enough time to let it happen. 

The reason Sam takes so long is because the receivers aren't open.  It doesn't matter if we actually THROW to Robby on the double move.  The purpose is to make the receiver RESPECT the deep throw so Robby can cut short and BE OPEN.

Secondly ball placement and TT  are not linearly aligned.     
TT<>IAY

Tom Brady has the 3rd shortest time to throw, but the 10th highest in intended yards per attempt at 9.1. 

You can throw deep earlier, it just has to go a bit higher to have just enough air time for the wr to get there.  The challenge is if you loft too much, defenders have time to get there too, so you have to lead the receiver so that he is full speed when he meets the ball. 

• Pie 3

I wasn't keeping count, but does anybody have an idea of the under center/shotgun ratio that Sam was in?   Looks like he's not under center often.

Seems to me, with the # of times he handed off to Chuba, that being under center and showing a hard play-action fake handoff, it would buy that extra split-second to allow a WR to be open deep.

Works for other QBs.

Many of you have made statements concerning Joe Brady.  I largely have given him the benefit of the doubt.  But given Teddy's and Brady's performance this year and now the information that Brady is frustrating yet another player, I'm beginning to wonder.  

I may start hoping he gets a HC job elsewhere.

• Pie 1

47 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

this is exaclty what I told my buddies. He was pissed that we werent attacking them sitting on our routes. He is right. It's odd because Brady did this many times last year, not sure why he stopped. It's going to have to be used in our playbook... teams are going to sit underneath.

And yet the peanut gallery here wants to trade him and think he's loafing...  I said the same thing last week when Diggs jumped DJ's route on his last pick - why are we not hitting them with double moves and attacking over the top?  

Robby is pissed because the coaches are hamstringing us.  And beyond double moves, I've been asking more in general why we aren't taking more deep shots?  It's starting to feel like the same watered down, bogged down garbage we saw last season.

Just now, Proudiddy said:

And yet the peanut gallery here wants to trade him and think he's loafing...  I said the same thing last week when Diggs jumped DJ's route on his last pick - why are we not hitting them with double moves and attacking over the top?  

Robby is pissed because the coaches are hamstringing us.  And beyond double moves, I've been asking more in general why we aren't taking more deep shots?  It's starting to feel like the same watered down, bogged down garbage we saw last season.

Last year Robbie was doing sick on slants and the team in general hit good slants...we haven't been doing that for some reason.

13 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

Many of you have made statements concerning Joe Brady.  I largely have given him the benefit of the doubt.  But given Teddy's and Brady's performance this year and now the information that Brady is frustrating yet another player, I'm beginning to wonder.  

I may start hoping he gets a HC job elsewhere.

I definitely already have.

beginning of season huddlez: “why are they running all the double moves and go routes that take so long to develop? can’t the see our oline can’t block that long? sam is holding the ball too long, he sucks! rhule and brady can’t adjust, they suck!”

rhule and brady adjust the offense to quick routes to take pressure off the oline.

huddlez: “why are they throwing all these short routes? the D is keyed into them. they need more double moves and go routes! rhule and brady are running a college offense! they suck!”

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, B_Eazi said:

this kinda goes hand in hand with the Eagles' Db comments. Crazy that a player can recognize it but the coordinator could'nt

Yea hopefully they watch the film the listen. The players can tell when they are being sat on like that and we can see it in hindsight but also when they keep being planted and driving on our routes its clearly the plays that need to be changed up.

6 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Last year Robbie was doing sick on slants and the team in general hit good slants...we haven't been doing that for some reason.

Idk man, it's like Brady is using the games as an ongoing experiment to try specific things out in.  I don't get it.