• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Regarding Anderson's Rant

Mr. Scot

That's why Robbie's not a coach. Everyone and their cousin knew we had to pass the ball on that last drive, and our interior OL were dominated when they knew we were passing. Darnold barely had time for quicker developing routes and couldn't hit his throws unfortunately. Brady has been up and down with his play calling, but our OL is hot garbage. We've invested hard into our defense, but this off-season absolutely must address the OL. Two decent OL seasons in the last decade is unacceptable.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Reebis21 said:

Hiring Joe Brady was my favorite offseason move heading into the Rhule regime. I was ecstatic.

I’m ready for us to relieve him of his duties at this point. How many 1st down runs did we call yesterday? Cuz it seemed like literally every drive besides our last one. How many formations did we line up in that based on the personnel alone screamed, “we r about to run it”?!?

Our offense was predictable as hell and inefficient as I’ve ever seen it. This is no over reaction either. Yesterday’s offensive performance was pathetic and an absolute spit in the face to our defense.

I know our oline sucks, but please get somebody in here that has actual experience in calling even a somewhat successful offense.

I said at the game … all we are doing is 2 runs and a pass 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, BrianS said:

Yes.  A comeback is typically thrown before the receiver makes a break.  The QB reads the DB and decides whether he's leveraged to make the play or not.  Basically the QB is just throwing to a spot before the receiver reaches the top of his route.

Double moves and stuff the QB can't get the read until after the move has been made.  The QB can't even make the read until the receiver reaches the top of the route and makes his break.  Unless you see something very specific pre-snap, those types of routes are typically your last read before you check it down.

A lot really comes down to the way the play and progression are drawn up.

I know how the timing routes work.  My point is more to the fact Rhule is saying we can't throw it deep bc of the protection issues, but we kept running deep comeback routes.  Yes, they are thrown before the receiver comes out of his break, but even Robby demanded a double move bc he knew they were jumping them...  if they're being that aggressive, there isn't much of a read to make and it would likely take the same amount of time, if not quicker to get the ball out.  If the receiver sees it and know it was there, it was there.  And as I, and others have pointed out, the same thing was happening last week when Diggs got his second pick.  Brady isn't giving them anything to think about because he's running the same plays with the same routes...  regardless of the protection, if we take a shot deep the results can't be any worse than what we've gotten the last two weeks.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

4 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

In theory, this sounds great.

In practice, there's no way in hell our line would give Sam enough time to let it happen. 

I keep seeing this. What I don't see is an offensive game plan, that seems to believe it as well. If Brady can dial up deep balls that end in ints he for damn sure can run a sluggo or a slant and wheel.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Silent Majority said:

I keep seeing this. What I don't see is an offensive game plan, that seems to believe it as well. If Brady can dial up deep balls that end in ints he for damn sure can run a sluggo or a slant and wheel.

Seriously, also seemed like we were running down the clock every play, nothing uptempo to gas the Eagles whatsoever. They just set up a wall at the first down marker and rushed 4 over and over again because it worked basically every time

• Flames 3

3 minutes ago, Silent Majority said:

Great point. Every single time. 

Would love to see some up-tempo and its the same poo we said with Cam too. They never did that with Cam either nor did they roll him out. At least we've seen Sam rolled out on bootlegs. 

Need to mix it up some and try to gas out their defense.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

6 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

this is exaclty what I told my buddies. He was pissed that we werent attacking them sitting on our routes. He is right. It's odd because Brady did this many times last year, not sure why he stopped. It's going to have to be used in our playbook... teams are going to sit underneath.

Welp. Perhaps it’s bc in order to run a double move or a stutter you have to have more than 1.2 seconds before pressure is in your face.

Throws like that require distance and accuracy. Distance and accuracy require time. 

Give Darnold time…you will get more double moves. 

We’re a year away bc we tried spent another year building the D.

• Beer 1