• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's 2005 again

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Don't know yet.

What I do know is any suggestion that we should have hung on to Teddy Bridgewater is just ridiculous.

Interestingly the Broncos are VERY similar to us this season. 3-0 played shitty teams like we did. Lost 2 in a row one against a good team and another against a 1-3 team that the media had dead in the water.

It's actually crazy when you look at it.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Pantherxtreme said:

This is the same weapons we had last season when Joe Brady was the talk of the league; trade Marshall for Samuel & Mike Davis for Hubbard. 

Ball distribution was much better almost had 3 separate 1000 yard receivers. Robby Anderson was considered a steal in free agency and underrated signing. Now he's lazy and can't run routes. 

This place is amazing lol. yea every position is subpar on offense this season, even the Qb play. 

The NFL caught up to Brady PDQ. He's just not a good play caller yet, repetitive and predictable in the long game, doesn't seem to adjust at all. He's been indirectly called out by several opponents for this, and likely what set Robbie off on Sunday. 

I think dealing Arnold was a mistake.  He isn’t Kelce but he was solid and consistent part of the gameplan.   You need guys like that.   I like what I see in Tremble but he isn’t Arnold yet 

*If focused on the present day Panthers 

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, User Name said:

The NFL caught up to Brady PDQ. He's just not a good play caller yet, repetitive and predictable in the long game, doesn't seem to adjust at all. He's been indirectly called out by several opponents for this, and likely what set Robbie off on Sunday. 

I think Robbie is most upset that he has gone right back to being what he always has been after his one season….

Robby also simply isn’t playing good football of late.   And a lot do that has nothing to do with Joe Brady and is all Robby. 

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think dealing Arnold was a mistake.  He isn’t Kelce but he was solid and consistent part of the gameplan.   You need guys like that.   I like what I see in Tremble but he isn’t Arnold yet 

*If focused on the present day Panthers 

It's not out of the question that dealing him was a poo move. The early talk was pro Fitts and I still do like him and what he's done/how he goes about it but yea that could end up being a poo move.

Just now, CRA said:

I think Robbie is most upset that he has gone right back to being what he always has been after his one season….

Robby also simply isn’t playing good football of late.   And a lot do that has nothing to do with Joe Brady and is all Robby. 

IMO Robby needs to play stronger. I know he's a speed guy but some of his routes round off and aren't even that crisp really. He can def improve no doubt

Just now, Fox007 said:

It's not out of the question that dealing him was a poo move. The early talk was pro Fitts and I still do like him and what he's done/how he goes about it but yea that could end up being a poo move.

I'd say whether or not it winds up being a bad move overall has a lot to do with how CJ Henderson develops.

But does it contribute to where we are now? Yeah, probably.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd say whether or not it winds up being a bad move overall has a lot to do with how CJ Henderson develops.

But does it contribute to where we are now? Yeah, probably.

They also said that you will miss on some moves and they will be doing moves regardless and I agree with that also. If it turns out we got that one wrong oh well I like the aggressiveness and will continue to root for that type of poo.

Just now, Fox007 said:

Well going back to the draft my worry about the new GM was his Seattle ties and what he witnessed there….a historic D build oddly off the secondary.  

It’s why I felt he would go Horn at #8.  Despite DB not being the right back given what we are/we’re.  He seems overly committed to DBs at this stage.   And the Seattle OL went to poo while he was there.

I would have rather kept Arnold.  Especially if the claim is to rehabilitate Darnold.  Nothing about this roster really says that.  OL is utter trash.  That’s never never made sense with the claim that they thought they could fix Sam.   You then trade away a super solid TE that Darnold had decent chemistry with….and Darnold keeps looking worse ever sense.   

granted CMC is out.  But his favorite two non-CMC targets were Moore and Arnold. 

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

Maybe so, but what upset him Sunday was the lack of adjustment. He recognized the Eagles had the playbook... 

He wanted us to double move,” Rhule said Monday. “They were sitting on some routes. He wanted us to double move, stutter and go.”

Brady should have seen it first and adjusted, he did not. Sam's last pick was a terrible throw, but it doesn't help when the CB knows exactly where the ball is going vs biting on a comeback while Robby blows past on a double.

Just now, Fox007 said:

They also said that you will miss on some moves and they will be doing moves regardless and I agree with that also. If it turns out we got that one wrong oh well I like the aggressiveness and will continue to root for that type of poo.

The same GM who led the Redskins to four Super Bowls traded multiple picks to move up and draft Ryan Leaf (Bobby Beathard).

Likewise, Ozzie Newsome was one of the best GMs ever but was far from perfect.

Nobody's perfect, or even close to it.

• Pie 2