• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's 2005 again

Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

I would have rather kept Arnold.  Especially if the claim is to rehabilitate Darnold.  Nothing about this roster really says that.  OL is utter trash.  That’s never never made sense with the claim that they thought they could fix Sam.   You then trade away a super solid TE that Darnold had decent chemistry with….and Darnold keeps looking worse ever sense.   

Maybe something to keep an eye on there. Rhule has a habit of talking people up then boom cut. Maybe they aren't planning on keeping him. Not saying it's true just pondering the question because you're right. If the plan is to reclaim a project QB or protect any QB you don't really do that by going all defense and trading away even decent targets.

Something to eye

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Arnold wasn't Olsen, but he was good (maybe better than we gave him credit for).

I agree that Tremble has loads of potential, but it's possible the braintrust overestimated how quickly he was going to develop.

Arnold wasn't Olsen but he's better than Thomas.  I still can't figure out why he is still here.

• Pie 2

59 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd love to see Shi Smith in there but I get the impression that Alex Erickson is keeping him on the bench.

And it's not that Erickson is doing bad or anything, but I question whether he has the potential to be as good as Smith might be.

Shi Smith need to be on the field. He is the change the offense needs besides CMC. 4 WR sets need to be used with him on the field. Plus he runs routes close to DJ capabilities. This coaching staff is holding this team back by not using their personal properly. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The same GM who led the Redskins to four Super Bowls traded multiple picks to move up and draft Ryan Leaf (Bobby Beathard).

Likewise, Ozzie Newsome was one of the best GMs ever but was far from perfect.

Nobody's perfect, or even close to it.

For sure it's the mentality/process that I do like. I mean even in regards to like going for it on that 4th and 2. If we got for it and they end up getting a FG then whatever. I'd rather them get a FG from us trying to score than from us punting and getting the points anyway.

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Arnold wasn't Olsen but he's better than Thomas.  I still can't figure out why he is still here.

Arnold is a solid JAG.  That isn’t an insult.  You have to have solid non-superstars that consistently contribute. 

he was the best TE on the roster present day.  Darnold did well going to him.  And we traded him away for a red flagged DB….despite having Jackson, Horn and then getting Gilmore. 

if the goal is to fix Sam and have him work they should of put more work in the OL.  And at a bare minimum don’t trade away the weapons he likes as you seek to rebuild him. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, Fox007 said:

For sure it's the mentality/process that I do like. I mean even in regards to like going for it on that 4th and 2. If we got for it and they end up getting a FG then whatever. I'd rather them get a FG from us trying to score than from us punting and getting the points anyway.

Assuming he doesn't get a GM job, next year's braintrust features Dan Morgan working the pro personnel side of things and Fitterer concentrating on college scouting.

I'm up for that.

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Ah yes. After all,yesterday was the only game he's played.

Right? 🤔

The only game he's look impressive in was the New Orleans game if you want to keep it a buck. 

He struggled against the Jets, our defense nearly broke Zach Wilson in half yet they were still with us until the very end. 

The Houston game was still iffy until the 4th quarter with a 3rd string rookie. 

He got Diggs paid for the Cowboys and resurrected Darius Clay season. 

We 3-2 because of our defense let's not play any games about that.

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, Pantherxtreme said:

The only game he's look impressive in was the New Orleans game if you want to keep it a buck. 

He struggled against the Jets, our defense nearly broke Zach Wilson in half yet they were still with us until the very end. 

The Houston game was still iffy until the 4th quarter with a 3rd string rookie. 

He got Diggs paid for the Cowboys and resurrected Darius Clay season. 

We 3-2 because of our defense let's not play any games about that.

That's...really poor analysis.

First off, If you think Diggs didn't show up until he played us, you haven't been paying attention. And it's not like nobody heard of Darius Slay before either 😆

As to Darnold, he looked pretty good in the Jets game minus a play or two. Ditto the Saints game. But where the vast majority of us were most impressed was with his performance against Houston because he played well in the second half even with the team down it's best weapon (McCaffrey).

Since then, yeah he's had two rough games, but people who know what they're talking about (including Olsen) have universally said there are multiple factors.

What you're posting here is typical of stuff people say when they don't understand football beyond a surface level.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

That's...really poor analysis.

First off, If you think Diggs didn't show up until he played us, you haven't been paying attention. And it's not like nobody heard of Darius Slay before either 😆

As to Darnold, he looked pretty good in the Jets game minus a play or two. Ditto the Saints game. But where the vast majority of us were most impressed was with his performance against Houston because he played well in the second half even with the team down it's best weapon (McCaffrey).

Since then, yeah he's had two rough games, but people who know what they're talking about (including Olsen) have universally said there are multiple factors.

What you're posting here is typical of stuff people say when they don't understand football beyond a surface level.

Old man I played football for surely at a higher level than your ass. 

I know what good Qb play looks at we are getting mediocre at best. Can he improve hopefully.  But right now the investment is on the downward turn. 

• Flames 3

Just now, Pantherxtreme said:

Old man I played football for surely at a higher level than your ass. 

I know what good Qb play looks at we are getting mediocre at best. Can he improve hopefully.  But right now the investment is on the downward turn. 

Sure you did 😐

Question though if you want to throw that card: Did you play at a higher level than Steve Smith?

I ask because if you look in the other thread you'll see he disagrees with your analysis.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Sure you did 😐

Question though if you want to throw that card: Did you play at a higher level than Steve Smith?

I ask because if you look in the other thread you'll see he disagrees with your analysis.

I don't care if he disagrees with my analysis this is my opinion. 

I'm chuckling at you trying to question someone's football acumen. 

5 ints in 2 games doesn't spell great quarterbacking no matter how you spin it.