• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Smitty puts the blame yesterday all on the OL

ncfan

3 minutes ago, Kuhndog94 said:

Doesn't look like he is being hit to me... 

think that falls under the duress what he is saying.  Notice the guy up n the left and Sam not stepping into the throw.

I personally think that was a bad read.  But can pick up what Smitty is putting down

• Pie 1

Just now, ncfan said:

think that falls under the duress what he is saying.  Notice the guy up n the left and Sam not stepping into the throw.

I personally think that was a bad read.  But can pick up what Smitty is putting down

I don't think that affected his throw at all. If Robby was the only one there, then the ball placement is good.

The problem with that play isn't that he's under duress and made a bad throw.

It's that he didn't see the defense at all and made a bad decision. 

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Kuhndog94 said:

Doesn't look like he is being hit to me... 

He had time on all three interceptions. Brady is scheming players wide open and he is missing the throws plain and simple. Every play you scheme isn't going to work, but when they do you have to connect. Also, that is the problem if a QB sees ghosts out there. You only have all day to throw the ball once or twice every now and then. Greg Olsen said it on the broadcast yesterday that Sam missed a lot of throws. Greg knows football too!

Edited by NorthTryon
  • Pie 2

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

It's possible Steve got Slay and Nelson confused.  Nelson 100% made a great play on that throw and jumped the route.

Pretty sure Nelson stated that he'd seen that route a few times already and was prepared for it, or something to that effect.

Basically, they knew what was coming.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Pretty sure Nelson stated that he'd seen that route a few times already and was prepared for it, or something to that effect.

Basically, they knew what was coming.

Yea it's not just a pressure issue it's what several of us have been/keep saying. Brady is an issue atm too.

Edited by Fox007
  • Pie 1

5 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

It's possible Steve got Slay and Nelson confused.  Nelson 100% made a great play on that throw and jumped the route.

No he didn't. The Slay interception is at 1:15. He wasn't being hit there either. But admittedly in a collapsing pocket. It was a great play by Slay and a bad throw by Sam. 

Edited by Kuhndog94

2 minutes ago, Kuhndog94 said:

No he didn't. The Slay interception is at 1:15. He wasn't being hit there either. But it was a great play by Slay and a bad throw by Sam.

but he is under duress, he is unable to step up and make the throw. I dont know what Steve is referring to. Im just stating that its possibel he got the two mixed up.