• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Smitty puts the blame yesterday all on the OL

ncfan

Just now, Kuhndog94 said:

They are bad, bad. It's almost as if he literally isn't seeing the defense. I think the game is too fast to him. He can't process it that fast or something. Because he said it best, it's like he's seeing ghosts out there. 

He looked really good up until the last 2 quarters of the Dallas game and yesterday, yesterday was bad bad, he was staring down wrs and holding the ball too long at times. I’m hoping for a epic turn around but I’ve seen this movie before 

I'm not ready to make a solod declaration about Sam bc it's so early. We know he throws picks when he's pressured. This is how he's been since USC. But he's got upside and can turn it around. But also, he hasn't proven anything yet and is on a two year deal essentially. So shouting down the idea of a QB when there's so much season left to be played and QBs are important is just silly. It's the worst case scenario you have to consider. 

And I really dont wanna hear about how the prospects in this upcoming draft aren't perfect prospects when the best QBs in football right now were all imperfect prospects coming into the league, sheesh

Edited by ImaginaryKev
  • Pie 4

1 minute ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

He looked really good up until the last 2 quarters of the Dallas game and yesterday, yesterday was bad bad, he was staring down wrs and holding the ball too long at times. I’m hoping for a epic turn around but I’ve seen this movie before 

It's almost like ppl don't think we can wanna fix the o line but prioritize the most important position bc the o line still needs work. Not mutually exclusive at all

13 minutes ago, Kuhndog94 said:

They'll blame anything but Sam for Sam's decisions. 

I blame Sam for making bad decisions. But I don't just put those decisions in a bubble. Sam was getting tremendous pressure yesterday. That video looked like Sam didn't go through his progressions to see Thomas standing wide open. Now I have to ask myself why. 47% pressure is a good reason. I know he had a clean pocket, but man, if it's collapsing on you every other play, you have to ask yourself, can you really trust Paradis, Miller or Daley to hold a block? And we all know you can't. 

So my thought is this. Give him some time to actually get a little comfortable in that pocket and then judge him for his overall performance. Did he make some bone headed plays yesterday. You bet your ass he did. Does he need to do better? Absolutely. In NY he basically was told pass here, don't adjust, just do what I tell you to do. It was a miserable failure. Now 5 games into trying to learn how to actually be an NFL QB he's making bad throws. It's going to happen. If he doesn't get his poo together, we are going to need to move on. After 5 games, I'm not there yet, but it's going to be a short leash. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Same. I like the guy. I hope he figures it out but if his play yesterday becomes the norm, then we definitely gotta move on. 

• Beer 1

57 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

you can do both, they are not mutually exclusive but a qb gift wrapping ints to cbs anytime he sense the slightest bit of pressure is a big red flag, very Rex grossman lite. 

if Sam eats the sack or throwaway the football on those plays where he threw egregious ints we walk away with a W, can’t still be doing that in year 3-4 

Did you watch the KC game? Everyone has bad days. Some of you guys seem to just come out of the forests after a bad game just to tell us all how bad everyone and everything about this team is like it makes you feel  smart or something. It's easy to criticize after a loss. It's much harder to find the good things and tell us how we are going to get better. But hey, whatever floats your boat I guess. I was just raised not to quit every time things don't work out the way you like. There are lots of you around these days. I sure hope for all of you that you don't live every part of your lives the way you support your football team because that would be really sad. 

All of you should check on Verge's post. That girl gets that it takes balls to be supportive when it's not easy. I'd take her on my team over a lot of you any day. Some of our best players and team Captains are out right now but they'll start coming back pretty soon and when we get this turned back around and go on our winning streak be sure to speak up about how much we suck so we don't forget how smart you are. 

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

Did you watch the KC game? Everyone has bad days. Some of you guys seem to just come out of the forests after a bad game just to tell us all how bad everyone and everything about this team is like it makes you feel  smart or something. It's easy to criticize after a loss. It's much harder to find the good things and tell us how we are going to get better. But hey, whatever floats your boat I guess. I was just raised not to quit every time things don't work out the way you like. There are lots of you around these days. I sure hope for all of you that you don't live every part of your lives the way you support your football team because that would be really sad. 

All of you should check on Verge's post. That girl gets that it takes balls to be supportive when it's not easy. I'd take her on my team over a lot of you any day. Some of our best players and team Captains are out right now but they'll start coming back pretty soon and when we get this turned back around and go on our winning streak be sure to speak up about how much we suck so we don't forget how smart you are. 

Cringe