• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Smitty puts the blame yesterday all on the OL

ncfan

2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

He didn't even have time to set his feet to throw it away much less find someone to throw it to..  That is an unreal expectation to put on him. He made bad decisions but this is not one if them.

Fine.   It's not like I knew what he was experiencing at that moment anyway. 

At least he took the sack and not tried what he did against the Saints at that moment.

9 hours ago, Fox007 said:

He's gotta come back to some of the balls for sure. Like even on the deep pass that was underthrown he just waited for the ball to come down instead of coming back and high pointing the ball. Desean Jackson had a deep pass underthrown and went back to it...usually underthrown bombs go to even half ass decent WRs even if it's a PI call coming back to it.

He's not helping Darnold out and that's true along with the truth that the passes weren't the best or the decisions being the best. It's not binary, Sam can do better and Robbie can certainly do better.

RA has a serious case of I got paid and I just want the gimmie balls.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Tinamedina said:

Yall werent complaining about the OLINE when they were winning the first 3 games. Look, sam darnold is who he is, we all knew this was coming the second the panthers started playing tougher teams. 

No.   We didn't.

This issue only arose when CMC got hurt and Sam had to play without him as his safety net.   🤨

Had he been available against Dallas and the last game, we might (*MIGHT*) have been 5-0.

Also, as was already stated, CMC masks so much of the stink of our O-Line, it's not even funny.

Basically, with CMC we have a shot at making a run at the playoffs.

Without him, we're thinking Draft right now.

Edited by glenwo2

3 hours ago, Tinamedina said:

Yall werent complaining about the OLINE when they were winning the first 3 games. Look, sam darnold is who he is, we all knew this was coming the second the panthers started playing tougher teams. 

I actually was. They have stunk from game one onward. We just have more competent opponents with better film on us. Also, our shitty starters have been replaced by more shittu starters.

As for Sam, yeah, we are seeing Jets Darnold now. But, we also have been giving him a Jets quality OL. It's possible he is salvageable as the guy until we get the guy but not trotting out bottom 5 OL's. 

We always say that any QB wouldn't be successful behind this OL but Sam Darnold has 3+ years of proving he is basically the worst QB in the NFL behind a bottom 5 OL. That is why it was so mind boggling when we were clearly assembling a bottom 5 OL. I mean....CLEARLY 

• Pie 3

4 hours ago, Tinamedina said:

Maybe because the protection was there?

The OL the last 2 weeks have been peak pooness.

They’ve given up 18 QB hits the last 2 weeks.  And could’ve been more had Darnold not scrambled or had those throw away me in the 1st quarter.

God, when it sometimes feels like we have a decent line once every 10 years and when that happens we are able to make a good run for a very short brief period of time no longer than a season or two and then injuries happen, people retire and we lose some decent pieces of that line to free agency or we sign some guys who were once decent but then when they get with us stink it all up. I wish we could be consistent and consistently take the O Line seriously year after year and time period after time period. I like Rhule but some days it feels like the O Line has been the leats most important position to him to address. Not that I could do any better myself and I know this is no easy task but I sure do wish we could get a good collection of guys up front to help this offense consistently fire on all cylinders.

On 10/12/2021 at 7:08 PM, Tr3ach said:

The only play I specifically remember that you mentioned enough to comment on was the miss to Robby Anderson.  Where he was pressured and running forward in the pocket and flicked it 52 yards.  Yes he was a yard short,  yes he was under pressure and on the run at the time. 

Not my fault you can't remember the game or don't know what you are looking for on the screen. Don't quote me if you can't remember what happened in the game fella.