• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who would you rank as the Panthers BEST Offensive Coordinator in Team History....

TheBigKat

We've had 26 seasons of Panthers Football and the following offensive coordinators:

Joe Pendry

Gil Haskell

Bill Musgrave

Richard Williamson

Dan Henning

Jeff Davidson

Rob Chudzinski

Mike Shula

Norv Turner

Joseph Brady

Who would you rank as the best?

For me, it is Mr. A punt is not a bad play, the original get off my lawn Dan Henning. Yes his 3rd and long draw plays made us go crazy but some of that was likely due to John Fox's conservatism but I feel under Henning this team was well balanced. He knew how to get guys open in Moose, Smith, he knew how to feed certain players when they were balling (Davis) and even knew how to work the 1-2 punch in Davis / Foster. He took a journeyman QB and put him in a position to succeed which the jury is still out on Brady. I also feel in retrospect he was probably the best game day caller we had as when we got Norv father time had caught up to him.

Chud and Brady may have the best play designs but imo hands down if I was to go into a SB matchup and had to pick one of these guys as my OC, I would take Henning

henningfins.jpg

• Pie 8
  • Beer 1

Just now, iamhubby1 said:

Also, didn't we just have this thread a few days ago? Yeah, I'm rage posting. When you are trying to start a Revolution. You have to be willing to make sacrifices.

we can start another "I am sad" or "my gut says everything is going to be alright" threads

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

Chud

"In 2011, Chudzinski was named the Carolina Panthers offensive coordinator. He took one of the league's worst offenses in 2010 and transformed it into one of the top 10 offenses in 2011 with rookie quarterback Cam Newton. The Panthers finished seventh overall in the league on offense, fifth in points scored, and set a new franchise record for total yards in a season."

How much of this was Chud and how much of this was he had a young Cam to work with

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

3 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

"In 2011, Chudzinski was named the Carolina Panthers offensive coordinator. He took one of the league's worst offenses in 2010 and transformed it into one of the top 10 offenses in 2011 with rookie quarterback Cam Newton. The Panthers finished seventh overall in the league on offense, fifth in points scored, and set a new franchise record for total yards in a season."

How much of this was Chud and how much of this was he had a young Cam to work with

2-TE sets plus rookie Cam slinging was a match made in heaven. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1