• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who would you rank as the Panthers BEST Offensive Coordinator in Team History....

TheBigKat

I'd pick Chud but I can't go with an OC whose record here, no matter how much wasn't on him, was 13-19 with 0 playoff appearances. 

Henning was almost as conservative as Rhule and Brady and while his worst year here was by far his last (2006), he guided an offense led by Jake Delhomme, Muhsin Muhammad and Nick Goings to within a hair of the playoffs in 2004 -- a year after we went to the Super Bowl.

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

I'd pick Chud but I can't go with an OC whose record here, no matter how much wasn't on him, was 13-19 with 0 playoff appearances. 

Henning was almost as conservative as Rhule and Brady and while his worst year here was by far his last (2006), he guided an offense led by Jake Delhomme, Muhsin Muhammad and Nick Goings to within a hair of the playoffs in 2004 -- a year after we went to the Super Bowl.

Ah Nick Goings. I'll always remember those brows. He's a realtor now. Good for him.

39 minutes ago, jbland said:

Not even close. Jeff Davidson was the worst. 

Shula was infinitely worse than Davidson. Even Davidson wouldn’t have wasted the best player we’ve ever had so badly. With Davidson I’d be willing to bet we win the Super Bowl in 2015

Edited by JawnyBlaze
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

I liked Chud a lot, but having our leading rusher in the 2012 season opener be a WR who ran for 6 yards was embarrassing as hell. Combine Chud's refusal to call short pass plays with Brady's refusal to call deep pass plays, and you've got a solid OC. 

As it is, yuck. Henning wins by default

We have an offensive line that is horrific in pass pro and a QB that has long been plagued with ball security issues....

you really want Brady to be pushing a bunch of deep pass plays and double moves?  That sounds like the perfect recipe for the O to just turn it over and prevent us from having a shot.