• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some of you need to get away from football for a few days

Gipetto

8 minutes ago, Gipetto said:

Yeah it sucks and yeah im upset but last i checked this team still has a winning record and a boat load of talent. get off the ledge and get away from football until next sunday. keep pounding.

If they lose to the Vikings next Sunday(and it's possible), they'll have a .500 record.  

And a 3-game losing streak.

Sorry if we're a bit pessimistic at this point. 

Hopefully having CMC back will improve things and give us a shot next sunday, though...

• Pie 1

This place gets a little cranky obviously but it’s always good to have perspective. There’s no medal for being a diehard vs a fair weather fan. When we have down seasons I usually go on Sunday hikes, I check the score when I have service and listen to the end on the radio if we are winning. Much better balance to life that way. 

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

If they lose to the Vikings next Sunday(and it's possible), they'll have a .500 record.  

And a 3-game losing streak.

Sorry if we're a bit pessimistic at this point. 

Hopefully having CMC back will improve things and give us a shot next sunday, though...

With a D that has one bad game after losing their star corner and a qb whose had 1 bad game after surviving record pressure due to the loss of the starting tackle and guard resulting in moving the RT to LT and the very first NFL start of their RT.

The corner has been replaced twice over and the replacements will be fully acclimated by seasons end.  The starting tackle and guard injuries are not season ending and will return, meanwhile we know that Moton and BC will certainly improve as the get acclimated. 

• Pie 3

Most teams, good and bad, lose two in a row at least once a season. We're 3-2, along with two other teams and only five teams in the league have a better record than us right now.

And there are 12 games to go.

It's a long journey to the end of the season, and we haven't gone very far, let's not turn around and go back home yet. Enjoy the ride. We're a better team than we were and there's a lot yet to happen.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

Good post, thanks for that.

Imagine if we started 1-2 and then lost last week...it's young team with one experienced NFL front office guy and a coaching staff that is learning this is not college ball. 

there is an old baseball saying; something like you have two guys being timed running to first base. One is fundamentally sound and is half a second faster then the other that isn't. Who do your take? the second because you can train them and they will be faster than the first.

We've got talent but we are short on experience (coaches and players) that will change as we get deeper in the season and Brady needs to improve the most. 

However, if special teams doesn't improve next week I'm going to lose it. Blocked punts are just unacceptable.

I learned a long time ago not to let the Panthers rule my life.  Sure it sucks we lost a very winable game, but it doesn't really affect my life in a meaningful way.  I just skipped out on any NFL action for a few days.  

It's up to the Panthers to get better, to win games, and pull of a surprise or two at a time.  If they can't, then fans will complain, and we will lose relevance.  That's something that will upset Tepper, and he strikes me as someone you don't want to upset.

Rhule will right the boat or he will be looking for a new job sooner rather than later.  I love my Panthers, I do.  But my heart has been broken too many times, and I've allowed it to really upset me.  No more!

I will choose optimism in my sports, and save my pessimism for other things, lol. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1