• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is not a playoff team

NAS

I have had a few days to think about the Eagles loss and came to this conclusion.  This is not a playoff team, and primarily because the interior of this line Paradis - Daley - Miller may be the worst in the NFL. 

I project we will finish 8-9 or 9-8 at best and miss the playoffs.  Those who are calling for double routes to Anderson and Moore need to get real.  There simply isn't enough time for Darnold to step up into hese throws when they're constantly pushing linemen into his face.  Defenses will continue to play us like the Eagles did on Sunday, sit on our routes, and send pressure up the middle. 

At this point, why not play Brown?  He can't be much worse, can he?

Edited by NAS
  • Pie 7
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 5

3 minutes ago, NAS said:

I have had a few days to think about the Eagles lost and came to this conclusion.  This is not a playoff team, and primarily because the interior of this line Paradis - Daley - Miller may be the worst in the NFL. 

I project we will finish 8-9 or 9-8 at best and miss the playoffs.  Those who are calling for double routes to Anderson and Moore need to get real.  There simply isn't enough time for Darnold to step up into hese throws when they're constantly pushing linemen into his face.  Defenses will continue to play us like the Eagles did on Sunday, sit on our routes, and send pressure up the middle. 

At this point, why not play Brown?  He can't be much worse, can he?

Yeah, writing on the wall. Interior Offensive Line is just too far away from competing for a wild card spot as it stand currently. Darnold also needs another season to work on the deep ball as well, he's missed a few wide open TD's, thats something I think he adds to his game Year 2 if he really is a franchise guy.

Edited by thunderraiden
  • Pie 2

We were always going to sneak into the playoffs at best and (very likely) lose in the first round if we did.  This isn't really news.

Personally, I think playoffs is still possible.  Doubtful, but possible.  The oline would have to get their ish together and play better for it to happen, which is unlikely.  Looking at the NFC though, there is two spots available with no clear favorite for those 2.  (Cardinals/Rams seem a lock for one of the 3 wildcards.)

Edited by Luciu5
  • Pie 1

14 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

Oh my gosh, can the negative nancies retire for the season? Some of us enjoy hoping for a playoff run when our team has a winning record. Seriously.

I dont believe they are being negative, they are just giving honest assessments.  The eyes don't lie.  Some of you like dwelling in the land of fairytales instead of looking hard-core reality in the face.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 2

1 minute ago, Fug Drump said:

I dont believe they are being negative, they are just giving honest assessments.  The eyes don't lie.  Some of you like dwelling in the land of fairytales instead of looking hard-core reality in the face.

Oh  shut the fug up. You talk out both sides of you mouth all the fugging time. You never talk football, because you spend all your time trying to rile folks up with your goofy azz takes like this one.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 4