• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

D. Brown

cardiackat88.

8 hours ago, Mage said:

I get wanting to see the rookie play, but if Rhule, Brady, and the OL coach doesn't think he's ready to get on the field, then I have no reason not to believe them.

This isn't the Rivera or Fox era where young guys just sat on the bench for "reasons."  They've had no issue playing rookies or young guys so far.  I think we should accept that Deonte Brown, an overweight 6th round pick, is quite possibly worse than Daley and/ Miller right now.

Yeah keep saying that but it's clear Moton should have been the LT and BC the RT all along. Now we have two turnstiles in the middle but worried about Browns weight. 

17 minutes ago, Snake said:

Yeah keep saying that but it's clear Moton should have been the LT and BC the RT all along. Now we have two turnstiles in the middle but worried about Browns weight. 

Moton clearly looked worse at LT than he did at RT.  So no I don't think it was clear at all.  It was obvious why the Panthers were hesitant to make the move.

But guess what?  They did it.  They could have went with Trent Scott, but instead they trusted the rookie.  If Deonte Brown was ready, then he'd probably be on the field.

• Beer 3

30 minutes ago, Mage said:

Moton clearly looked worse at LT than he did at RT.  So no I don't think it was clear at all.  It was obvious why the Panthers were hesitant to make the move.

But guess what?  They did it.  They could have went with Trent Scott, but instead they trusted the rookie.  If Deonte Brown was ready, then he'd probably be on the field.

It shouldn't be a surprise that he's not as good at a position he doesn't play as the position he does play. I hope nobody expected him to be as good a LT first thing.

We don't know what is happening in practice.  We don't know why Deonte isn't on the field.

The huddle whined and complained about Elflein (who has given up 0 sacks btw).    When he got injured Daley went in.  The line performed worse.

Then the huddle whined and complained about Erving.  He got injured.  We moved Moton to LT and BC to RT.  The line performed worse.  So bad in fact, it set a multi-year record for pressures.

Now Huddlers believe they know best again.  Throw another rookie on the line.  That should do it, how can it get worse?  You'll see.

Those of you who cannot tell the difference between the line's performance in the Saints game and the Phily game, don't know what you are talking about.

• Poo 2

1 minute ago, SBBlue said:

We don't know what is happening in practice.  We don't know why Deonte isn't on the field.

The huddle whined and complained about Elflein (who has given up 0 sacks btw).    When he got injured Daley went in.  The line performed worse.

Then the huddle whined and complained about Erving.  He got injured.  We moved Moton to LT and BC to RT.  The line performed worse.  So bad in fact, it set a multi-year record for pressures.

Now Huddlers believe they know best again.  Throw another rookie on the line.  That should do it, how can it get worse?  You'll see.

Those of you who cannot tell the difference between the line's performance in the Saints game and the Phily game, don't know what you are talking about.

Give it a rest already.

35 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

It shouldn't be a surprise that he's not as good at a position he doesn't play as the position he does play. I hope nobody expected him to be as good a LT first thing.

Of course. But again, that's my point.  The coaching staff has not shown at any point that they are gonna sit a rookie just because he's a rookie.  They could have easily kept Moton at RT and put Scott at LT.

So there is no reason to think they wouldn't play Deonte Brown, IF he was actually ready.  It's 100% believable that an overweight, 6th round pick is not ready to play in Week 6 of his rookie year.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Mage said:

He looked worse because he has been playing RT and had to switch. Still did great with a pretty hard transition. They fought this for weeks but we could have been getting reps with the best linemen we had. Brown isn't going to matter either unless we get him in there and get him reps. How could he do worse? 

Sunday was Moton's first full start at the left tackle spot in three years I don't know why anyone would have expected him to look all pro instantly. He is by far our best lineman though. Some people still want him and BC to swap but this musical chairs act with the line can't continue on through the season they need some level of continuity.

took a injuries for freaking ANDREW NORWELL to see the field. Guy is still in the NFL and has been one of the best LGs in the league as an undrafted player. At least put Brown on the field for a SERIES. Early in the game when they're running the ball maybe? I don't get it.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2