• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thats a BIG drink of water.

Zod

10 minutes ago, Zod said:

It's obvious that Rhule conplt whiffed on the OnLine this year, although he won't admit to it nor should he. Hopefully he has learned from it and will adjust. If not, it will be his undoing in Carolina.

That is what I am banking on, that they have been good at adjusting and realizing mistakes on personnel. 

• Pie 1

15 hours ago, Zod said:

He keeps stressing their versatility, able to play multiple positions. WTF good does that do when they suck at all of them?

Not trying to brag, but I can play every position on the field.  You should see me hold for myself when kicking field goals.  And I can say that John Gruden never slurred me.  I have that too.

14 hours ago, Squid Game said:

Rhule thinks that he is in college where he can still develop bad players to play better. Riley Reiff? You mean that guy we chose Matt Kalil over and then again pass on him for Erving? 

Yes, the Riley Reiff who has actually been a consistently decent tackle compared to the two guys who Carolina head-scratchingly chose to sign instead. Not a superstar by any means but someone who has shown they can consistently play either tackle position at an NFL level, particularly LT, and who wasn't much more expensive than Erving.

I'm also assuming that Reiff would have wanted to come here, of course. No guarantee that Carolina was even ultimately an option he would/did consider.

Edited by KSpan

20 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

So he drops 30 lbs to play 15 pounds below his college weight, but now he's physically off because of the drastic adjustment so they won't play him, and he'll just end up gaining most of it back in the offseason. Think that's where we're at. They tinker with these guys too much, put Christensen at LT and let Deonte play around 345-350 like he did every year in college. 

The whole thought of this just pisses me off.

• Beer 1

22 hours ago, RJK said:

I’d imagine playing might help shed a few pounds if that’s really the issue. It’s a dumb excuse. Normally I wouldn’t care because he’s a 6th rounder but coming from that program clearly the guy can play…right? 

That is coach speak for Brown either isn't quick enough or doesn't have the stamina to start and play the majority of snaps. Last week he only played special teams.