• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thats a BIG drink of water.

Zod

11 minutes ago, BlackPanther21_ said:

I wonder how surprised Elflein was. League minimum player that more than likely would have been available in July/August, we signed on not only the first day, but the first hour of free agency. Not to mention gave him 4 times what he was supposed to get.

money run GIF by Juan Billy

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

I think some of these "analysts" are trying too hard to make drama or over complicate things. They signed some guys who haven't worked out. It's obvious now. They need things to Tweet about over and over again well past the point it's ground breaking to point out the deficiencies of the free agents. I just don't know how long you can beat a horse for tweets. We'll  find out.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

I think some of these "analysts" are trying too hard to make drama or over complicate things. They signed some guys who haven't worked out. It's obvious now. They need things to Tweet about over and over again well past the point it's ground breaking to point out the deficiencies of the free agents. I just don't know how long you can beat a horse for tweets. We'll  find out.

Was obvious then too. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

I hope he's learning an important couple of lessons.

1) just because the guy is in the NFL doesn't mean he should be

2) it's a lot better to find a person that can do just one job but do it well than a person who can do several jobs and hope they'll be ok. Jack of all trades are overrated.

• Pie 5
  • Flames 1

18 minutes ago, BlazeCarolina said:

Deonte gonna be 250 lbs and about to die from starvation trying to get off the bench.

So he drops 30 lbs to play 15 pounds below his college weight, but now he's physically off because of the drastic adjustment so they won't play him, and he'll just end up gaining most of it back in the offseason. Think that's where we're at. They tinker with these guys too much, put Christensen at LT and let Deonte play around 345-350 like he did every year in college. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

I think it was a good honest answer. Basically said that at minimum they figured they'd be solid versatile backups and they recognized offensive line was a position of need and wanted bodies so they didn't feel desperate to reach for them in the draft. We can complain all we want but offensive line in general is seriously lacking in available talent. Not too many gems that reach free agency. They're either too old, too injured or just not good. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Matt offers a rational thought process for why he and Fitterer chose to sign these two players.  Reality is, no matter the coach, some moves just don't work out the way you planned.

While it is easy to bash Rhule in hindsight, here's to hoping he seriously revisits his "Jack of All Trades, Master of None" approach to selecting players for the offensive line.  While it is nice to have a few players with that flexibility, it was and remains imperative to have a line capable of protecting the Panthers reclamation project at QB.  Right now that's not happening.    

i theory the plan made sense.

have guys with flexible positioning so we can just choose whatever in the draft.

But the reality is they suck and we need help. Win some lose some.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Zod said:

He keeps stressing their versatility, able to play multiple positions. WTF good does that do when they suck at all of them?

This was literally what so many of us said prior to the season. Not only suck, BUT CAN'T fuging STAY HEALTHY.

Don't get me wrong, we made more good than bad moves in the offseason but fug me running, those two were so obviously bad.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, BurnNChinn said:

Hey ur posting again @Zod? After all that hype you showed right before Cowboys game and then you disappeared. I mean what happened to the topics about what fans are saying and predictions for games?

This is pretty normal and on que per our annual implosion and losing streak. Carry on.

Yeah, the body language and untimely gulp were extremely telling.  But also, I am fuging tired of hearing about Deonte needing to slim down...  he's a fuging guard.  He's a road grader with good feet...  let him fuging play.  Miller is slimmer and he's getting his ass whooped every Sunday like nobody's business.  Come off of it already, Rhule...  play the kid.  Play Brady, and when Elflein gets healthy, play him at center, because this current shitshow ain't it and it's currently on track to derail any possible success we can achieve this season.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 3
  • Flames 1