• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thats a BIG drink of water.

Zod

1 hour ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Matt offers a rational thought process for why he and Fitterer chose to sign these two players.  Reality is, no matter the coach, some moves just don't work out the way you planned.

While it is easy to bash Rhule in hindsight, here's to hoping he seriously revisits his "Jack of All Trades, Master of None" approach to selecting players for the offensive line.  While it is nice to have a few players with that flexibility, it was and remains imperative to have a line capable of protecting the Panthers reclamation project at QB.  Right now that's not happening.    

The truth is that is a valuable quality in a BACKUP not a starter. Furthermore, you need to actually be good at one of those positions for that to matter.

This is what I kept harping on all offseason. Versatility is irrelevant if you AREN'T GOOD AT ANY OF THOSE POSITIONS.

Being right about those two is so fuging INSANELY FRUSTRATING. I just cannot fathom how laymen like myself can fuging see this poo but these guys couldn't. fug it pisses me off so much.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2

Fact: multiple guards taken in the 5 round and below the past two years are preforming above average in the NFL right now.

Due diligence and competence.

This is a failure many huddler knew long beforehand, so either 1. Huddlers are smarter (doubtful) or 2. Rhule blatantly ignored the position most likely due to a lack of diligence and fixation on the defense

I’ll give him more time but if he trots our trash next year, after 3 drafts of failure addressing the only thing besides a top defense super bowl contenders have in common, I will consider him unable to fix it and if Tepper wants to keep him he needs to hire help.

Also worth noting is Sam doesn’t work out, you’re not attracting any worthwhile QB to play here, and rightfully so. Cam TB and possibly Sam will be injured by the incompetence. I don’t blame Stafford.

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 2
  • Flames 1

29 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

The truth is that is a valuable quality in a BACKUP not a starter. Furthermore, you need to actually be good at one of those positions for that to matter.

This is what I kept harping on all offseason. Versatility is irrelevant if you AREN'T GOOD AT ANY OF THOSE POSITIONS.

Being right about those two is so fuging INSANELY FRUSTRATING. I just cannot fathom how laymen like myself can fuging see this poo but these guys couldn't. fug it pisses me off so much.

100%.  Versatility is huge, but if you suck, what’s the point?  We could really use a Travelle Wharton right now.  Too bad he’s coaching with Washington.  That org stinks from the top down so in my perfect world we can steal him as an OL assistant coach.

I feel like they’re going to go hard on OL in the draft next year, but if they don’t, I’ll start to get really concerned

• Pie 2

Just now, rayzor said:

That really is a funny/sad response, though. Rhule can't defend it so he talks about everything else.

I'm on board with the guy overall, but he's really messed up on the OL situation and he knows it.

CMC man. We didn’t get a blocking RB in the off season such as Davis. The rook is too green. We gotta have a full spec running back that can cover up these faults. 

12 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

Holy hell I thought the video was sped up when Rhule started giving his response. Nope, it was actually just the insane amount of panic in his voice.

Gotta assume Tepper and the players are thinking the same thing. Props to Robby for keeping it real in his presser. Perhaps a player meeting incoming if the offensive coaches can't get something together before it's too late

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1