• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thats a BIG drink of water.

Zod

Ok I have had a few beers.. let’s get that out of the way!! We all knew the offensive line has been a problem!! To me my issue is why haven’t we addressed the center Paradis is constantly getting pushed back on his ass!! I also found it weird they had him addressing the media after the Philly game.. That was odd!! It’s like address the audience cuz u sucked!! Hopefully he plays better!! Not an in depth thing.. just ranting..Love my Panthers !!

6 hours ago, Moo Daeng said:

I think some of these "analysts" are trying too hard to make drama or over complicate things. They signed some guys who haven't worked out. It's obvious now. They need things to Tweet about over and over again well past the point it's ground breaking to point out the deficiencies of the free agents. I just don't know how long you can beat a horse for tweets. We'll  find out.

“Analysts”. Okey dokey. 

I don’t pretend to assume that you’re talking about me—perhaps you are considering the initial video here. 

So, let’s just go ahead and knock this out, just in case this is about my work.

I don’t aim for drama. I don’t like drama. It’s a waste of time. So, there’s that.  

I do put a lot of detail and time into what I do, and if the rhythm/cadence of the tweets turns you off, that’s totally fair. It’s a lot. I get it. 

Making assumptions about my intentions, none of which come close to the truth, isn’t great. Clicks. Likes. All that nonsense. It’s not who I am, it’s not what we do. I rarely hear that critique, because people know I’m not about that.

I actively ask people to simply unfollow me, kindly, if they don’t like what we do. I don’t go around blocking people. I’m not malicious in my critiques.

We have a wide reach, but I don’t obsess over that. In fact, if you talk to some of the people close to me in this business, I think you’ll learn that I’m quite the opposite of what you may think. I’m losing likes and clicks by not following a certain formula that guarantees cheap hits. That would be disingenuous, another thing that I can say that I am not. 

I see this critique from time to time, not just from you, and I just thought I would take a minute to address it.

My account is what it is, it’s not for everybody, but there is a good deal of value in what we do. It’s honest and detailed, so I will always take time to address any perceived slight towards my approach in providing analysis. 

Same goes for others out there doing good work. Again, as this has nothing to do with me, and it turns out I’m a complete narcissist, there’s one thing you can put on your bulletin board right there. But, never hurts to address it, just in case.

Anyway, I hope you have a nice night, and enjoy the season. I’m always around to chat on Twitter, if you can stomach it. Rough waters in them seas these days. 

Edited by ellis
  • Pie 6

There’s definitely some form of a plan here. When you have a seven-year contract, you are afforded an opportunity to build your roster in phases. They drafted heavy, and well, defensively in 2020. They balanced that out in 2021, while adding some great value pieces in FA to the defense (Fox, Reddick, Luvu, Bouye.) Henderson is a long-term project, could be a steal. Pretty low risk. Gilmore is the type of move you make when you think you’re ready elevate. But still at a fairly low cost. 

Speaking of Twitter, here’s one account you should follow: @TheHonestNFL. 

Former scout, been around the league for a while, knows Rhule. He’s a well-connected guy, and has been a great contact for me in terms of scheme, concepts, evals, etc.

Edited by ellis
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Always good to stop by the huddle. My son’s birthday is the same day as the New England game, so let me know if y’all are out there tailgating. Would love to say hi.  

Fascinating stretch of games coming up. Grab a handful of Q’s before Thanksgiving, and climb into December with a shot at the playoffs. That’s growth: competing in meaningful games down the stretch, against very good teams, is a huge deal. Hoping they reached that landmark with a shot at it. 

Looking forward to chatting with you guys throughout the process.

Edited by ellis
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

18 minutes ago, ellis said:

There’s definitely some form of a plan here. When you have a seven-year contract, you are afforded an opportunity to build your roster in phases. They drafted heavy, and well, defensively in 2020. They balanced that out in 2021, while adding some great value pieces in FA to the defense (Fox, Reddick, Luvu, Bouye.) Henderson is a long-term project, could be a steal. Pretty low risk. Gilmore is the type of move you make when you think you’re ready elevate. But still at a fairly low cost. 

Speaking of Twitter, here’s one account you should follow: @TheHonestNFL. 

Former scout, been around the league for a while, knows Rhule. He’s a well-connected guy, and has been a great contact for me in terms of scheme, concepts, evals, etc.

We discussed Elflein, and his future: 

The line’s identity isn’t fully baked yet. By year 3, that’s the idea. 

• Pie 3

10 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

This was literally what so many of us said prior to the season. Not only suck, BUT CAN'T fuging STAY HEALTHY.

Don't get me wrong, we made more good than bad moves in the offseason but fug me running, those two were so obviously bad.

I hear you, I really do, but the options weren't there.

At guard in the 2021 offseason, there were 16 guys that Walter rated as two star or better FA prospects.  Two of them were Panthers:  Chris Reed and John Miller.  That's a pretty low bar already.

Of those 16, 10 of them had clear injury concerns in their history.

It's even worse when you say "I want better than what we have".  There were only 10 guys who were rated better than Miller.  Of those 10, only TWO didn't have injury concerns:  Joe Thuney and Kevin Zeitler.  We were never in the conversation for Thuney, he went from the Pats to the Chiefs for 16 million per season.  At 31 years old, Zeitler went to the Ravens for 7+ per season.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

13 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I think Rhule is coming to that realization.  He is still shell-shocked like the rest of us.

He did look shell shocked.  Hope he is a person who is willing to learn from his mistakes.

13 hours ago, CRA said:

Good for Joe.  Never thought I would say that

Joe be like…

image.gif.ec811ec3b744188c99abe1cbd57199c8.gif

The move to The Athletic has been good for Joe.

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, BrianS said:

I hear you, I really do, but the options weren't there.

At guard in the 2021 offseason, there were 16 guys that Walter rated as two star or better FA prospects.  Two of them were Panthers:  Chris Reed and John Miller.  That's a pretty low bar already.

Of those 16, 10 of them had clear injury concerns in their history.

It's even worse when you say "I want better than what we have".  There were only 10 guys who were rated better than Miller.  Of those 10, only TWO didn't have injury concerns:  Joe Thuney and Kevin Zeitler.  We were never in the conversation for Thuney, he went from the Pats to the Chiefs for 16 million per season.  At 31 years old, Zeitler went to the Ravens for 7+ per season.

We had the draft.

• Pie 1