• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Erving vs Other 2021 Free Agents

SBBlue

Soooo.. as for next offseason.. Since teams aren't letting go of lineman, I'm assuming most teams are preparing to open that checkbook. Meaning we'll probably have to break the bank to get even an average body in a uniform here. 

Right now...as of today: 

Top olineman: It's going to take a fug ton of money to get me to sign in Carolina with that line beside me.

Bottom tier olineman: I hope Carolina calls, I could definitely make that roster.

Overpay it is. And go draft crazy. But we also have other needs. K, KR/PR, MLB, possibly Qb(jury still out). 

4 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

At this point it seems Cameron Erving is the least of our worries. The interior specifically the two OG spots have been horrific.  

LT Brady

LG Elflein

C Paradis

RG Erving

RT Moton

This may be the best lineup, move Miller and Daley to backups alongside Brown, and Scott.

38 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

It is what it is. Thankfully the Panthers didn’t sign Al Villanueva. Dude is bad guy to have around in the locker room and def a selfish player who doesn’t put the team first due to his own personal agenda. 

Coach Fox is that you? I kid, I kid..

10 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

LT Brady

LG Elflein

C Paradis

RG Erving

RT Moton

This may be the best lineup, move Miller and Daley to backups alongside Brown, and Scott.

6 minutes ago, BlitzMonster said:

I'd go one step further:

LT Brady

LG Elflein

C Erving

RG Brown

RT Moton

How about:

Christensen-Erving-Elflein-Brown-Moton

Edited by BlackPanther21_
  • Pie 7

But what about the draft?

Onwenu has been looking really good in NE (granted not full time snaps) and he was had for a 6th rounder in 2020. Or start Brown in rotation? Onwenu has the same build as Brown and also a 6th rounder.

We took Robinson instead and some CB later. Telling me we couldn’t have made that work?

Just one example. It’s really not about what’s available because help can be found, it’s about due diligence and competence. 

I feel they were just dead set on defense.

17 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

LT Brady

LG Elflein

C Paradis

RG Erving

RT Moton

The blindside of that line looks brutal. They’re going to have to make a move either in season or after to shore it up. In the meantime….we need to hope CMC can stay healthy all year. Bc honestly I think that the real reason we didn’t prioritize  highly drafted OL or FA is bc they were hoping the quality of perimeter weapons SD has to play with will trump the deficiencies. 

CMC showed in first couple games his availability hides a lot of problems. Need him to be healthy….