• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Erving vs Other 2021 Free Agents

SBBlue

44 minutes ago, Supbro said:

Now do this for Elflein and other FA LGs that were available.

I will.   

Elflein has only played two games and I think you should have a least 4 to get a decent idea.   When I do the comparison, I'll have to compare per snap because his sack and penalty numbers will be artificially low, making him look better than he is.

Elflein is a worse signing so far mostly because he hasn't been on the field.  It doesn't matter what he did in the first two  games if he can't stay on the field.   We're not unique though,  Dan Feeny, Ethan Pocic, Richie Incognito, have played 14 snaps between them. 

When Elflein is on the field, he is definitely better than Daley.  Elflein needs to stay healthy.  

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, 4Corners said:

It is what it is. Thankfully the Panthers didn’t sign Al Villanueva. Dude is bad guy to have around in the locker room and def a selfish player who doesn’t put the team first due to his own personal agenda. 

Is he eric reid bad or worse?

2 hours ago, SBBlue said:

I thought I would grab the most expensive left tackle free agents and grab data to see how the signings compare so far.   It includes their current PFF for whatever it is worth.

2021 NFL Free Agents Tracker | Spotrac

Trent Williams                     32 yo  138M  6 years  PFF: 93 Penalties:2   Sacks: 0  
Alejandro Villanueva           32 yo  14M    2 years  PFF:58  Penalties: 2  Sacks: 4
Cam Erving                          28 yo  10M    2 years  PFF:53  Penalties: 3  Sacks: 1
Eric Fisher (torn Achilles)   30 yo   8.3M  1 year    PFF:47  Penalties: 3  Sacks: 4
Riley Reiff                            32 yo   7.5M   1 year    PFF 65  Penalties: 0  Sacks: 2
Kendall Lamm *                   28yo     6.8M  2year     PFF 37  Penalties: 2 Sacks: 1
Joe Haeg*                           28 yo   4.6M   2year    PFF 66  Penatlties:0  Sacks: 1

*Lamm has only played 13 snaps due to injury this year
          *Haeg has only played 93 snaps .

That's an incomplete picture though. What about the hits, hurries, and pressures allowed?

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

That's an incomplete picture though. What about the hits, hurries, and pressures allowed?

Go pay pff and get that, I'll share it.

And for the PFF score believers, that is all supposedly accounted for in the PFF score.

Edited by SBBlue

1 minute ago, SBBlue said:

Go pay pff and get that, I'll share it.

And for the PFF score believers, that is all supposedly accounted for in the PFF score.

No thanks. I'm not the one that made a thread with incomplete or cherry picked data trying to show that a Panthers player was as good or better than the higher priced free agents. You're the one that made the post, you're the one that is supposed to provide all the context and data so people can see what is what.

• Pie 3
  • Poo 4

2 hours ago, Supbro said:

Now do this for Elflein and other FA LGs that were available.

The point was to respond to the endless...

Can _______ play left tackle comments?

The answer is and always was no. And no one who can (better then Erving) was available for anything remotely reasonable. 

• Pie 3

He definitely seems to be playing decent when I watch. I kind of wonder how many pressures he would give up if our interior was better. If the defense is getting through the middle instantly and getting sacks/pressures that is less opportunity for the tackles to give up a sack. It’s like being an average CB, but the other CB is awful and his guy is wide open so they never throw to the average CB’s man giving him good stats. This may all be considered in PFF already? 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, jayboogieman said:

No thanks. I'm not the one that made a thread with incomplete or cherry picked data trying to show that a Panthers player was as good or better than the higher priced free agents. You're the one that made the post, you're the one that is supposed to provide all the context and data so people can see what is what.

Everything with OP is cherry picked. There would be less said about the Erving signing if we had done more for the interior of the line. Paradis had been trending down since last season and Daley and Miller were always backups at best. When you also consider this is all with a quarterback with a history of questionable decisions with the football and trying to shake bust status it is easy to see now how we backed ourselves into this corner by assuming we could get by versus making sure. You can't look at this mess and walk away thinking we did our best. Especially when you consider this is what the Carolina Panthers have been dealing with for the better part of the last decade. It is only more of the same 🤷‍♂️

• Beer 1