• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Panthers’ WR Robby Anderson hopes people understand about his outburst Sunday

glenwo2

41 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Yeah, fug y'all for questioning Robby's work ethic! And fug the rest of y'all for talking pure trash about him. You know who you are.  

I just think Robby got overrated early last year and then we overpaid him this offseason.  So the expectations for him are now too high.   

and that’s not calling him a bad player either.   

• Pie 3

42 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

"WTF is this?", you ask?

It's an article with Robbie explaining his outburst.

It's also a thread where I replied that it would have been nice to see more effort in attempting to catch the thrown ball.

And when I say that, I'm not referring to the game-ending INT.

I'm referring to the DROPPED PASS that would've iced the game in favor of the Panthers ( you remember the 3rd down play, don't you?). 

That's where my ire is aimed at.  

Now if Sam played well from the get-go, that wouldn't even be a blip on the radar but QBs have bad games and it's up to the Receivers to do whatever it takes to help them.

Yea I'm referring to anyone that would even have an issue with that type of emotion. What they showed wasn't even remotely bad.

• Pie 1

@Eazy-E

"Got a fingertip", my butt!!

As you saw in the ACTUAL CLOSE-UP, he had a legit shot at catching that. 

It would not have been an easy catch, of course, but WHAT CATCH IS EASY IN THE NFL?

Plus, the Game was on the f'n line.

Robbie is a Professional Football Wide Receiver being paid almost 30 million a year.  

His job is to catch the friggin' football and he failed to do that in a big spot.

In a perfect world, Sam would've thrown a bullseye to him but it's not a Perfect World and neither is Sam.  

Therefore it's up to the Wide Receiver to "Make a Play".  It's their job.

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

@Eazy-E

"Got a fingertip", MY ASS!!

As you saw in the ACTUAL CLOSE-UP, he had a legit shot at catching that. 

It would not have been an easy catch, of course, but WHAT CATCH IS EASY IN THE NFL?

Plus, the Game was on the f'n line.

Robbie is a Professional Football Wide Receiver being paid almost 30 million a year.  

His job is to catch the friggin' football and he failed to do that in a big spot.

In a perfect world, Sam would've thrown a bullseye to him but it's not a Perfect World and neither is Sam.

When the ball hits you in both hands you're not expected to catch it 🤣

poo was right in the palm of the left so even if it's a one handed grab...but na it then got the other one too. Never was a debate it's a drop plain and simple.

• Beer 2

Robby is a good guy and a good teammate I don't think it's fair to look at it this deep for him but not Sam. The truth is simple. Robby needs to step up and catch throws and Sam needs to be more careful with the football and not throw into double or triple coverage. If these two get on the same page none of this tomfoolery matters. But the quarterback is the leader and he and all the receivers should be close knit this week.

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

When the ball hits you in both hands you're not expected to catch it 🤣

poo was right in the palm of the left so even if it's a one handed grab...but na it then got the other one too. Never was a debate it's a drop plain and simple.

This is what happens when you rely on Twitter vids that only give wide-angle far-away shots instead of the close-ups I just provided.   😏

Just now, glenwo2 said:

This is what happens when you rely on Twitter vids that only give wide-angle far-away shots instead of the close-ups I just provided.   😏

poo I just settled for watching the game....everyone in the game chat knew it was both not a perfect pass but an even worse drop.

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, frankw said:

Robby is a good guy and a good teammate I don't think it's fair to look at it this deep for him but not Sam. The truth is simple. Robby needs to step up and catch throws and Sam needs to be more careful with the football and not throw into double or triple coverage. If these two get on the same page none of this tomfoolery matters. But the quarterback is the leader and he and all the receivers should be close knit this week.

Bingo.   Hope they do get it together because the Vikings are licking their chops right now ready to bumrush Sam from the moment they get off the plane.

Sam and the WR's have got to be on the Same page.

And Brady has GOT TO call a better game than the garbage we saw against Philly.

Edited by glenwo2

Just now, Fox007 said:

poo I just settled for watching the game....everyone in the game chat knew it was both not a perfect pass but an even worse drop.

Oh I understand but when Eazy-E went all defensive about it and posted that Tweet as if it contains irrefutable evidence that is was an uncatchable ball, I just had to provide a massive counterpoint to such foolishness. 🧐

Just now, glenwo2 said:

Oh I understand but when Eazy-E went all defensive about it and posted that Tweet as if it contains irrefutable evidence that is was an uncatchable ball, I just had to provide a massive counterpoint to such foolishness. 🧐

This game brought out some weirdness. Had people saying the defense was on the field all game when they clearly weren't. At least out of the ones Rags is a real one and owned up to it when it was shown to be totally obvious the defense was not out there much in the second half. And now when the ball hits you in bof yes bof hands its not expected to be caught....like some poo is got two sides and a story for each...these two topics regarding the drop/TOP don't.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Bingo.   Hope they do get it together because the Vikings are licking their chops right now ready to bumrush Sam from the moment they get off the plane.

Sam and the WR's have got to be on the Same page.

And Brady has GOT TO call a better game than the garbage we saw against Philly.

We all know he should've caught it even those who don't want to admit it for their own reasons. But we also know on which play the game truly ended. It wasn't that one. So with that in mind. Again I reiterate. Same page. Be. Smart. With. The. Football.