• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Panthers’ WR Robby Anderson hopes people understand about his outburst Sunday

glenwo2

32 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I love that your "ranking" on this board is how you identify as a "fan."

I don't really even have to do anything but goad you into showing everyone how much of a "fan" you are.

Robby hasn't been perfect but I don't think many are questioning his "effort" except a certain Darnold fanboy.

The truth is(keep in mind this is for actual Panthers fans, so you can stop reading if you'd like), Darnold has been better than any of his doubters thought(myself included) but we are still seeing Jets Darnold all too often. The blame going largely to Gase and the Jets is going to start to fade away if that continues for 12 more games. It's actually unfortunate because he has far greater weapons and supposedly a better scheme yet still has Jets-like protection. Not quite apples to apples but too close for comfort.

1. Exactly, as the website was recently changed and people who have been on here for years still have low rankings according to new system.

2. He combs the internet for the middle fingers Gifs way too hard.

3. I can't believe how many are dying on this Adam Gase/ he is essentially a rookie sword. It looks like he is essentially a rookie with some of the reads made this season.

4. This dumping on our skill position players is nonsense. All of a sudden Robby, DJ, Chuba, and Ian just aren't that good. That blew my mind to see threads and posts saying this. We literally went to the show with Tedd Ginn Jr as our number one WR and Philly Brown as the two. They'll say G-Reg was actually #1, but he played TE and we know that. This is one of the best skill position groups ever fielded for Carolina. Dude, Chuba had an outstanding game for a rookie with being a viable option out of the backfield and 100 plus yards behind this "terrible" o-line. DJ and Robby have been open i.e. the Dallas game first half where DJ was missed on the double move and Sunday where Robby was underthrown. Thomas and Marshall were both open on interception plays Sunday. I just don't get why Darnold is off limits. Shite is boggling the mind. 

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

So if he knew the defender would do that, why not get in front of him? Did he just want that to happen to prove his point? Makes you go hmmm

He has to run the route.  He has to go to a certain point and then come back.  That's his job.  That's what Sam would have been expecting him to do.  The corner didn't back up, because he knew Robbie wasn't a go route and jumped the route.  If Robbie stopped his route early he would have been waiting on the ball and would be an even bigger tell to the CB.

Comeback routes work because it gets the corner going down field, then the receiver suddenly comes back toward the line of scrimmage which takes the corner a second to compensate.  If the corner isn't going down field though, this is what happens.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

I love that your "ranking" on this board is how you identify as a "fan."

I don't really even have to do anything but goad you into showing everyone how much of a "fan" you are.

Robby hasn't been perfect but I don't think many are questioning his "effort" except a certain Darnold fanboy.

The truth is(keep in mind this is for actual Panthers fans, so you can stop reading if you'd like), Darnold has been better than any of his doubters thought(myself included) but we are still seeing Jets Darnold all too often. The blame going largely to Gase and the Jets is going to start to fade away if that continues for 12 more games. It's actually unfortunate because he has far greater weapons and supposedly a better scheme yet still has Jets-like protection. Not quite apples to apples but too close for comfort.

Well you certainly don't have to do anything to show everyone how much of an a-hole you are so there you go.  👍

Oh give me a break with just myself questioning his effort.    There are others here who saw the dropped passes(and they were dropped passes) that could've been caught.  

But I guess since I'm the so-called "darnold fanboy" as you put it, that makes you the Robbie Apologist then.  So this is the hill you're choosing to die on this time.   Okay then.    🤨

The truth is that Robbie needs to play better.   

The truth is that Sam needs to throw to the open man instead of triple coverage.

The truth is that Brady needs to gameplan better so we don't suck in the 3rd quarter.

And the truth is you need to get off your soapbox and stop calling someone a Non-Panthers fan.   (don't know why I even bother reading your posts when I know you're just looking to piss me off)

Edited by glenwo2

40 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

He has to run the route.  He has to go to a certain point and then come back.  That's his job.  That's what Sam would have been expecting him to do.  The corner didn't back up, because he knew Robbie wasn't a go route and jumped the route.  If Robbie stopped his route early he would have been waiting on the ball and would be an even bigger tell to the CB.

Comeback routes work because it gets the corner going down field, then the receiver suddenly comes back toward the line of scrimmage which takes the corner a second to compensate.  If the corner isn't going down field though, this is what happens.

Exactly, plus it's on the QB to pay attention to the CB before passing to the receiver. 

2 minutes ago, Byrdman4real said:

Exactly, plus it's on the QB to pay attention to the CB before passing to the receiver. 

It's also on the QB to scan the entire field to find the open man.

From what I saw, he was determined to throw it to Robbie no matter what. 

Problem was...the Defense knew this already and that's why the game ended on that INT.

One can only lament the lost opportunities the Panthers had to ice this game before that crappy moment....

Edited by glenwo2

5 minutes ago, ChibCU said:

Hello?

All of a sudden? When was he ever good?

Way to take it out of context guy. That is all you got from the post? We all know Ian Thomas is no world beater, but he was open and was missed on throws Sunday. I'm sure you can see what I meant by the post, but good effort. I see you got some pie. 

5 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

Way to take it out of context guy. That is all you got from the post? We all know Ian Thomas is no world beater, but he was open and was missed on throws Sunday. I'm sure you can see what I meant by the post, but good effort. I see you got some pie. 

You invalidate the rest of your message if you throw in garbage like that. Calls your judgement into question.

2 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Would have hit Robby right in the hands had he come back just two to three feet. Robby was turned back into the throw, squared up and flat-footed ready to make the catch. He either didn't see the defender coming (but claims he knew he was going to do that) or he saw the guy and didn't make the move to contest it at all, even if to just break it up.

If it's the second situation, then it's just another lack of effort play by Robby. If it's the first one, it's just a receiver saying it wasn't his fault, which is a pretty common thing for a receiver to say. 

Me, I'd like to say it's fat paycheck syndrome, but honestly, Robby completely disappeared after week 5 last season and that was before he got the big contract. And at that time it wasn't because he was completely blanketed in coverage, since both DJ and Samuel were lighting it up out there and drawing coverage as well. 

I hope Robby gets his act together and starts putting in the effort to fight for the ball and to actually get open once in a while... his speed and hands are legit weapons. Sadly, the knock on him has been that he fades fast and it seems that he's just about become a ghost here. He's having his statistically worst year ever when it comes to catch percentage (46%). We could be sending out Zylstra and Erickson for that kind of production. And when Shi comes back, could he actually push for Robby's spot in the starting lineup? Probably not with that making two rookies in the WR starting group, but who knows?

That Temple pedigree can only protect lackluster performance for so long.

Robby had a bunch of receptions after week 5 last season, and had four games between 74-94 yards. And, remember, he wasn't that far off from Moore last season in yardage or TDs. 

So you jump TMJ (whom Darnold doesn't seem to be able to find accurately as well) and talk up Zylstra and Erickson as if they're really starters in the league...ha ha! If Darnold keeps forcing balls into coverage, not anticipating throws (much like his predecessor) that actually maximizes the short open window that's generally the norm in the NFL, and basically dealing with an OC who uses questionable route concepts to plan points of attack, I doubt Shi will be any more effective than TMJ, Robby, Thomas or Tremble have been. But, not to worry, we have CMC (until we don't) to mask deficiencies.

You have some valid points, but it's certainly not all black, white and tidy.