• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vikings at Panthers Predictions - Let's hear it

Zod

This is a winnable game.

Even with the bad blocking and turnovers (last week)... if we didn't have as many penalties as we did, we likely could've won despite that. Had like 8 or 9 penalties and gave up at least 60 yards due to that (someone would have to check for exact numbers). If we can cut back on some of those flags, we'll have less 3rd and long situations. That will help a lot. 

Our Defense will keep it close no matter what but we need our Oline to at least be below average to have a chance. If CMC plays that'll make things easier but the Oline is they key. There where several plays last week where our guys just missed blocks on stunts which will put Darnold on IR at some point if they don't figure it out. 

- Get CMC going early to take some pressure off Darnold, but don't overuse him in his 1st game back.

- Get the ball out early and don't turn it over. Better to take a wide open 5 yard completion than force a 20+ yarder and risk a INT. Get others (Robby Anderson) involved on Offense.

- Come out fast in he 3rd quarter on both sides of the ball

- Don't play conservative with a lead, never ends well.

- Put loads of pressure on Kirk Cousins.

We do these things and it's an easy win.

Edited by BlackPanther21_

25 minutes ago, BlackPanther21_ said:

I'll make sure to bookmark this comment for Sunday

We also are not giving up 27 points, our D line will smoke Cousins as well.

We've given up 21 and 36 in last two weeks. I'm not here to scream we're gonna lose, but it is definitely possible we give up 27 to a Vikings offense that is not as bad as you think. Now you could argue us scoring more than 6 points. 

38 minutes ago, BlackPanther21_ said:

- Get CMC going early to take some pressure off Darnold, but don't overuse him in his 1st game back.

- Get the ball out early and don't turn it over. Better to take a wide open 5 yard completion than force a 20+ yarder and risk a INT. Get others (Robby Anderson) involved on Offense.

- Come out fast in he 3rd quarter on both sides of the ball

- Don't play conservative with a lead, never ends well.

- Put loads of pressure on Kirk Cousins.

We do these things and it's an easy win.

1.) Agreed.  I would limit his time if he plays.   Get Chuba involved more since he seems to be getting more comfortable in the offense.    Maybe put him and CMC on the field at the same time, fake the hand-off to CMC, give it to Chuba instead and watch him run for a huge gain.    

2.) Agreed.  IMO, I would only attempt longer passes if we were at the opponent's 35-30'ish Yard Line.    But until we get to that point, "MOVE THE CHAINS" should be the mission.

3.) I think someone suggested they go Hurry-Up to get the juices flowing again and I agree.

4.) Also agree.   We need to keep trying to score points whether it be TDs or FGs(but preferably TDs).   Our "D" may be great but it's not like a Legendary "D" such as the '85 bears that we could sit on a lead.   That NEVER WORKS in today's NFL.  

5.) Kirk is not fleet-of-foot nor is he elusive.  He's about as much a Statue as you can get in today's NFL.   The "D" SHOULD FEAST this Sunday.

Edited by glenwo2