• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurricanes 2021-2022 Season Games Thread

Harbingers

What a physical game.  You could really tell the Preds wanted that game.  Preds coach Hynes catches a lot of poo, but he has his guys playing a very physical brand of hockey.

Observation:

-Looks like Turbo is back on his A game.

-Despite his turnover Svech is the best player on the team this year.

-Aho was close on a few breakouts, I can tell he is wanting to break the ice.

-Andersen played very well, we saw the benefit of having a big goal tender who doesn't play the puck too much.

Needs work or bad:

-Trocheck needs to get his game going, he isn't that noticeable out there right now.

-We're still having trouble clearing pucks out of the D zone

-We need more O-zone time.

Overall:

Another good effort by the boys.  It's a good sign that we're still able to win while Rod is figuring out the best line combinations.

Go Canes!

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

8 hours ago, TheMaulClaw said:

-Trocheck needs to get his game going, he isn't that noticeable out there right now.

His shot game is down a bunch but he has been decent in a support roll so far. He did decide to pass on his breakaway that gave svech the go ahead goal. He’s usually a net front goal scorer and both teams have tried hard to take that away from us. 

Edited by Harbingers

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

His shot game is down a bunch but he has been decent in a support roll so far. He did decide to pass on his breakaway that gave svech the go ahead goal. He’s usually a net front goal scorer and both teams have tried hard to take that away from us. 

Nvm that. It was Necas that set up the go-ahead. I coulda swore it said 16 last night. 

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

Also was it me or did they swap the lines last night at some point? Moving TT up to one and Necas down to 2? 

RBA changed up a couple lines in the 3rd, he left the 4th line alone. It all came down to lefties, righties and the face-off dots.

A lot of not very crisp passes are leading to turnovers. But, once the Canes took the lead last night I did notice they stood tall at the blue line and decided not to give Nashville uncontested entry.

I said it last year and I'll continue this year- Jesper Fast in a very underrated player on this roster. 

Stepan, Bear, TDA... I'm liking this roster a lot. I think it allows for more flexibility in changing up lines and I think RBA has a lot more options.

Edited by Anybodyhome
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Stepan and Bear kinda low key additions that have really been nice the first two games.

TDA playing well too - more up tempo than Dougie was which can be a blessing and a curse.

As many have said Fast is really overlooked, but that's cool I hope teams continue to overlook him.

So far I'd say the team looks really focused and I haven't seen too much wandering around on the ice from the guys.  Hope Freddie gets a little better at rebound control.

Let's go Canes!!

16 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

Stepan and Bear kinda low key additions that have really been nice the first two games.

TDA playing well too - more up tempo than Dougie was which can be a blessing and a curse.

As many have said Fast is really overlooked, but that's cool I hope teams continue to overlook him.

So far I'd say the team looks really focused and I haven't seen too much wandering around on the ice from the guys.  Hope Freddie gets a little better at rebound control.

Let's go Canes!!

Vision is easily my biggest issue with Freddy compared to Ned. Ned almost never lost sight of the puck. Freddy half the time isn’t even looking at the right angle and just trusting his size. 

10 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Vision is easily my biggest issue with Freddy compared to Ned. Ned almost never lost sight of the puck. Freddy half the time isn’t even looking at the right angle and just trusting his size. 

I think you are being bias at this point Ned is gone bud, two goalies with vastly different abilities and play styles Ned can't trust his size because he's a shrimp 🦐 in the net. Just because Trip isn't screaming about his vision constantly doesn't make your statement factual.

26 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

I think you are being bias at this point Ned is gone bud, two goalies with vastly different abilities and play styles Ned can't trust his size because he's a shrimp 🦐 in the net. Just because Trip isn't screaming about his vision constantly doesn't make your statement factual.

Have you watched him? Half the time he gets lost tracking the puck.