• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurricanes 2021-2022 Season Games Thread

Harbingers

2 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Ya, TDA is way way faster than Dougie. 

Honestly not trying to stay on the TDA subject but I was surprised with the power of his shot too. Hopefully he can behave I think his skillet in our system is phenomenal.

Subject change Svech seems to have his swagger back and has definitely gotten stronger in the off-season.

11 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Honestly not trying to stay on the TDA subject but I was surprised with the power of his shot too. Hopefully he can behave I think his skillet in our system is phenomenal.

Subject change Svech seems to have his swagger back and has definitely gotten stronger in the off-season.

Svech and Martinook. That shot from Marty was golden, I don’t think he had one last year for the most part that went within’ feet of the goal outside a few lucky bounces but that one had accuracy and power. 

• Flames 1

47 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Svech and Martinook. That shot from Marty was golden, I don’t think he had one last year for the most part that went within’ feet of the goal outside a few lucky bounces but that one had accuracy and power. 

The fourth line was excellent, they were far more than an energy line last night, a little weird seeing Aho get the A and Martinook not have it but he was great last night.

3 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

The fourth line was excellent, they were far more than an energy line last night, a little weird seeing Aho get the A and Martinook not have it but he was great last night.

With that many Finns Aho has gotta have the A. Martinook is still an alternate so I assume him and Aho are gonna rotate depending on the game and situation. 

• Flames 1

6 hours ago, Floppin said:

I like TDA the player but I absolutely hate him as a person. 

It's a conundrum. 

Say hello, Greg Hardy....

That being said, he thumped whoever that was in the 1st on that break. When was the last time you saw Dougie do that... if ever?

Edited by Anybodyhome
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1

11 hours ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

I'll say this for the more casual hockey fans... Even more so than football don't get attached to players trades and fa movement are so commonplace you will only be setting yourself up for disappointment.

Yep. Most of that is because the NHL has kept the salary cap as simple as it can possibly be and as long as the annual cap number isn't ridiculous, you won't see an A-Rod or Albert Pujols type contract in the NHL. I prefer it that way over having to hire some Ivy League educated capologist just to have an elementary understanding. That being said, there are some loopholes that could be closed in the NHL system (Tampa Bay Lightning and their $92M roster last season).

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1