• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC trending the wrong direction? Not practicing today...

SgtJoo

No one is going to feel sorry for or rescue the Panthers 

CMC not being available is becoming predictable 

Really do not understand the play calls last week against the number 31 running team defense 

put Tremble in the back field along with Chubba. At least Tommy can run and block AND catch 

IR Maccaffery and be done with it.  Another lost season for a position that doesn’t have many seasons is looking likely, unfortunately 

after all, they aren’t the ‘Carolina Maccfreys’ right Erving   Time to prove it or another wasted season 

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Poo 1

CMCs money is not an issue, it’s using him correctly, having a competent compliment, and building an oline that makes it not worth it. If those were not in the plans he never should’ve been resigned. If he was going to run up the middle behind traffic cones instead of in the slot or around the edges it was wasted money.  All you have to do is look at the flaccid offense without him to see he’s worth it.

The first thing this team should’ve done after singing him is start slowly developing cmc and game plans with him more as a receiving threat. He is a generational talent, this is not even close to being beyond him or his ability.

The second thing is get someone competent to help carry the load and take hits aka Tolbert. Hasn’t been done, or used, for four years now despite BS coach speak. If you had no complement, or at least one wouldn’t be used, so you wear cmc down with an absurd amount of carries, again a waste of money.

As an offense I’d rather roll with Moore and CMC than Moore and Anderson. What’s the difference? All money towards the cap. 

So I do agree using him as a traditional back and excuse to be fuging lazy calling plays and not using him creatively was a complete waste.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

Rbs are notorious for breaking down after they sign second contracts. They just take too many hits. We should’ve never given him that contract so soon. He’d be playing under his 5th year option right now.

Cam signed his contract the off-season before he took us to the super bowl.

Too soon is one thing, but the dude has been our best Offensive player period since drafted arguably. I think the move was made based off that more than him being RB and i normally agree with the whole not hanging on to RBs too long thing. 

18 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

They both broke down shortly after their prime

CMC hasn’t suffered a career threatening injury the way Cam has. Cam would have been fine if the refs weren’t ignorant as fug and didn’t allow to him to be headhunted and targeted. 

CMC is still pound for pound the player he was in 2018. Cam is lighter than he was, with less burst and an arm that is maybe 80% of what it should be on a good day. 

CMC isn’t breaking down. It’s just not normal to have the RB get the ball 95% of the snaps. 

58 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Too soon is one thing, but the dude has been our best Offensive player period since drafted arguably. I think the move was made based off that more than him being RB and i normally agree with the whole not hanging on to RBs too long thing. 

I’m fine with that contract if they stop letting him take so many hits. I made a thread about it after the Thursday night game. He needs to be moved to the slot with handful of touches in the backfield per game. He’s obviously insanely talented but if we keep doing what we’re doing with him he’s gonna be washed real soon if he’s not already.