• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC trending the wrong direction? Not practicing today...

SgtJoo

16 minutes ago, onmyown said:

What makes you think he couldn’t? Like I said Edelman was a qb. Cmc can’t do it but Edel could from being a qb?  Being a qb is less the same as a slot WR than an all purpose HB. Doubtful he’d fail. Are you saying Edel had more potential?

I’d argue cmc is more talented in general. I see nothing that suggest he would not dominate there as a much as Edel and then some. But I can see an argument Edel had the best qb to have play. And he always had a great oline.

But this was a question to those who don’t like the contract. Stating he’s too valuable to make that move while stating he’s overpaid really makes no sense. If HBs are a dime a dozen then just put someone else back there, I think it’s silly to not explore this option with cmcs talent and to waste it without exploring that idea before he ends up with an injury that will derail his career.

I don’t think he would fail at it but it took Edel 4 years before he really took off and Edel might have better short area quickness then CMC he did run a sub 4.0 in the short shuttle and most slot wr have fast short shuttle times.I’m not arguing with you I just think CMC is better as a RB . I thing CMC takes more abuse when we ask him to pick up the blitz or cut a DT then he does when running the ball because he was taught from his dad I’m sure to taking a lot of glancing blows when he runs between the tackles. If was to be great slot wr like Edel then he would have to chip down on DE and linebackers and if we’re worried about injuries not sure how long he would last not to forget Edel is one tough son of a itch. I think this injury like another poster said might be more in his training then his touches.I think he could benefit if we could find another 3rd down back and move him to slot on passing downs for somebody else to pick up the blitz.I also think we need to find a  bruiser back to help at the goal line and to close out games. Then if is still getting hurt he’s just injury prone but to be fair we need to see what he would do behind a real o line

Christian McCaffrey and Saquon Barkley are tough lessons to be learned. 24 and 25 years old. That window of average rb shelf life slams shut quick. Making your running back the highest paid at his position before knowing if you have a franchise qb isn't a smart idea.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

8 hours ago, Snake said:

Ugh I really don't want to take that L to Minn. We might need to explore moving on from CMC after next year. I don't think he's going to be healthy ever again. 

I say that all the time and fanboys poo me for it. Some people can’t handle reality.  

• Poo 1

19 hours ago, Waldo said:

Expecting a RB to carry the offense on his shoulders every game and be the lead rusher, catcher and blocker is bitting us in the rear.

Wasn't that the attraction of CMC and paying him 16 a year? NO HES NOT JUST A RB!! HE CAN BE OUR NUMBER 1 WR TOO!! But gets hurt every 2 games now lol waste of money 

18 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

This is just misguided, GMs can't predict injuries. Dont care how bad or good they are. Cmc had no injury history prior to getting that contract and you werent gonna be able to pay the best RB in the league peanuts. 

Do you understand how the contracts work for 1st round players?

37 minutes ago, SJTGV said:

Wasn't that the attraction of CMC and paying him 16 a year? NO HES NOT JUST A RB!! HE CAN BE OUR NUMBER 1 WR TOO!! But gets hurt every 2 games now lol waste of money 

If he converted to WR he would be making a little more than Anderson and has a hell of a lot more upside. Not many RBs could do that and he was raised by a damn good one. 

His body doesn't look ruined, yet. Not asking him to constantly be hit by and having to block 300 lbs guys would do wonders for his health. He is still the most talented guy on the team, by a stretch. It's time to have the talk with him and if he want's to remain at RB then I think it's a good time to start looking at options. 

The notion it's wasted money is lame, it's wasted talent. It was the same with Cam, pissing away talent because the staff can't put anything decent around him while asking him to carry the offense and be the scheme. 

49 minutes ago, ickmule said:

I say that all the time and fanboys poo me for it. Some people can’t handle reality.  

We should have learned this lesson after what happened to Cam Newton but it may never sink in for some. One player can never be the whole team for very long. It may work for a little longer depending on the individual but it will always fall apart eventually. Some things don't change.

• Flames 2