• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Brady Press Conference After the PHI Game

SBBlue

On the last 2 losses:   
"The biggest thing execution.  Cut the turnovers."

On Robby's double moves request:
"You can always turn on the tape...execution just wasn't at a high level.  When the plays were there, we didn't make enough of them...I wouldn't say he was wrong with the thought process, especially after the fact."

On pass protection, he emphasized staying ahead of the chains to avoid 3rd and long, avoiding penalties and turnovers.  "Just get in a rhythm."

On Sam holding the ball:
"He needs to just continue to play in the system....He's not feeling the pass rush. ...He's not seeing it."

On the 3rd quarter doldrums:
"You try not to make it a bigger deal than its.  I think its more of a mindset...we need to have the same mindset we do when we start the game....We have to do a better job in the 3rd quarter.  We have to do a better job in the 2nd half, just not where its the most important thing....There are definitely half time adjustments....that's the chess game as coaches."

• Pie 2

On Sam holding the ball:
"He needs to just continue to play in the system....He's not feeling the pass rush. ...He's not seeing it."

Does he mean that he hasn't been properly identifying where the rush would come from Pre-Snap?

Maybe that's what Brady is alluding to.  🤷‍♂️

Edited by glenwo2
  • Beer 1

36 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

On the 3rd quarter doldrums:
"You try not to make it a bigger deal than its.  I think its more of a mindset...we need to have the same mindset we do when we start the game....We have to do a better job in the 3rd quarter.  We have to do a better job in the 2nd half, just not where its the most important thing....There are definitely half time adjustments....that's the chess game as coaches."

RIP to those that said it's not a thing when it clearly is and has always been. Pin this once and for all so we can nighty night that bullshit.

3 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

On Sam holding the ball:

Does he mean that he hasn't been properly identifying where the rush would come from Pre-Snap?

Not sure how you can tell where the rush is coming from if teams are only sending four…..

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2

4 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

On Sam holding the ball:

I really have absolutely no idea.  It's such an odd thing to say.  If you watch the delivery, at the 7 minute mark.  It seems like he is saying the pass rush isn't effecting his play....if that is what he meant, I just disagree.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Fox007 said:

Wonder what good seeing what happened to Daley would matter. Man got clapped harder than a standing ovation so maybe Sam shoulda heard it.

That was the first sack I believe, and it was a whopper.  To say that has no effect on play is just not in touch with reality.

• Pie 1

Sam is just destined to play behind the bottom of the barrel offensive lines in the NFL.  Growing and learning for most QBs comes with starting out behind serviceable/good lines, while they develop and catch up to the speed of the pro defenses…in time, they adapt to less quality lines as they continue their careers.  

Unless you’re a future QB HOFer, you can’t rise above poor offensive lines, and how many QBs are in the HOF?  I can think of several that had stellar offensive lines….

27 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

I really have absolutely no idea.  It's such an odd thing to say.  If you watch the delivery, at the 7 minute mark.  It seems like he is saying the pass rush isn't effecting his play....if that is what he meant, I just disagree.

I think what he meant is Sam's thought process isn't derailed by the pass rush.  I would say that it should be, but not in a panicked way.  Ideally you want to see a player who is dealing with the rush make adjustments to account for it.

I'd like to see Sam in a calm way get the ball out quicker and audible to some blitz beaters.  However it's tough to audible when the other team is making it to him in less then 1.5 secs in a base defense. 

I like Sam.  I can honestly look at these games and can understand why the turnovers happened without getting to enraged at him.  I think a few of the interceptions are completely on him, but that's every qb.

I do think he improves with better protection.  I haven't really seen him just throw a bad pick when he's had a clean pocket.

Overall, I like his attitude and his mentality, and I think he is talented and seems to be a good leader.

Obviously we need Christian back and we need to address our OL.

The bigger issue I have with our team is that we have an offense built around the presence of one player who isn't on the field all that much.  I love Christian, but we need another dynamic guy that can really alter defenses specifically in the backfield. 

I think Chuba has played pretty good, but he isn't a guy that will alter a D's checks presnap significantly.  We also need a legit TE.

So OL, TE, and RB are all on my list of top needs.

Edited by TheMaulClaw
  • Pie 2