• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Brady Press Conference After the PHI Game

SBBlue

Y'all realize that when he's saying that Darnold isn't feeling and seeing the pass rush that he's meaning that in a positive light, right?

But that was about the only positive thing he said. Yeah, we obviously need to cut down on the turnovers but the guy literally took zero responsibility for any of the offensive struggles. Not a good look IMO.

• Beer 2

57 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Y'all realize that when he's saying that Darnold isn't feeling and seeing the pass rush that he's meaning that in a positive light, right?

But that was about the only positive thing he said. Yeah, we obviously need to cut down on the turnovers but the guy literally took zero responsibility for any of the offensive struggles. Not a good look IMO.

I didn’t take it that way, but I’ve only read the quote and haven’t watched it. But I’m all in for a glass half full viewpoint, so I’m with you!

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Definitely,  especially considering the last 2 weeks dbs from the opposing team have specifically mentioned knowing the upcoming routes.   He didnt mention that though.   I think college was just easier and didnt take as much work and hes still got to learn that the NFL is a totally different thing.  Hes still in college mode.

• Poo 2

6 hours ago, SBBlue said:

I'd say Sam is feeling the pass rush, maybe that's just me.

I think Sam gos into hero ball once the OL breaks down(which is HALF the time....). Issue is hero ball for Sam involves TOs and dumb decisions. Joke Brady needs to step it UP, run the ball when your backup RB is running well.....shotgun to aid OL.......put a TE in pass protection.....etc etc. Do your job and help the team win. Play Tmarshall more, jesus what do teams see in Brady??

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

5 hours ago, SBBlue said:

It's just not that its not a good look, it indicates that he isn't working on solving any problems related to scheme or play calling, which means they won't get solved.

a-fish-called-wanda-disappointed.gif

Yea not addressing the DBs sitting on our routes and knowing what's coming with a high % of certainty is well beyond not good. Lots of talk about execution which is still true due to the OL and drops and then even bad decisions but those weren't / aren't the only breaks.

Need to keep the foot on the gas
Need more slants and smoke screens and poo to deal with the pass rush even if its only 4-5
Need to change up the routes so the defense can't sit on the same ones
Need to not run backup RBs up the gut
Need to just stop running up the gut on critical downs

• Pie 2

The whole thing about opposing db's jumping routes and knowing what's coming is really concerning.  I honestly think we lost this past sunday because of Joe Brady.  I put at least one of Sam's interceptions entirely on Brady's shoulders.  If he doesn't improve, I hope Rhule has the sense to fire him at the end of the season.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

The whole thing about opposing db's jumping routes and knowing what's coming is really concerning.  I honestly think we lost this past sunday because of Joe Brady.  I put at least one of Sam's interceptions entirely on Brady's shoulders.  If he doesn't improve, I hope Rhule has the sense to fire him at the end of the season.

I don't understand what it is about the scheme that makes Joe thinks that no adjustments need to be made on his part.  I hope he is at least listening to his players and weighing the effects before he rules out adjustments.

I always thought that the scheme made Teddy and the line look better.  Now I'm wondering if Teddy made Brady's scheme look better.  Because at this point, it doesn't look that great.

Edited by SBBlue
  • Beer 2

8 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

On Sam holding the ball:
"He needs to just continue to play in the system....He's not feeling the pass rush. ...He's not seeing it."

Does he mean that he hasn't been properly identifying where the rush would come from Pre-Snap?

Maybe that's what Brady is alluding to.  🤷‍♂️

I think he was saying that Sam isn't going to his hot reads and taking what the defense is giving him. I heard him say on another interview that often the first read is open but he doesn't take it and looks for a second or third which allows the pressure to get there. When the blitz comes he isnt seeing the field and who he can throw it to who is open but trying to evade the rush and throwing it away.

Just looking at the Bucs, Brady can say what he wants to about execution, but the fact is that a good OC puts his players into position to better execute plays. It was frustrating watching the Bucs close Philly out, knowing that we could've done the same thing. And honestly, we probably would have had better success running the ball then the Bucs did near the end.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Just looking at the Bucs, Brady can say what he wants to about execution, but the fact is that a good OC puts his players into position to better execute plays. It was frustrating watching the Bucs close Philly out, knowing that we could've done the same thing. And honestly, we probably would have had better success running the ball then the Bucs did near the end.

Yeah.  I'm just real disappointed with him right now.

10 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

On Sam holding the ball:
"He needs to just continue to play in the system....He's not feeling the pass rush. ...He's not seeing it."

Does he mean that he hasn't been properly identifying where the rush would come from Pre-Snap?

Maybe that's what Brady is alluding to.  🤷‍♂️

Does it matter? It’s coming from all directions.