• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Loss to Eagles worst halftime lead squandered since Nov 2016

KB_fan

I got curious as to how the team had fared in the weeks following squandering a big halftime lead.

In the 8 other games where they've led by 9 or more points at the half and then gone on to lose, their record was 5-2 in the following week's game. (In 2001 week 13, the game with the large squandered lead was followed by a bye, so I didn't count it.)

In 2011 week 14, squandered a 16 point lead.  Week 15: Won 28-13

In 2016 week 10, squandered a 14 point lead.  Week 11:  Won 23-20

In 2011 week 11, squandered a 13 point lead.  Week 12:  Won 27-19

In 2001 week 13, squandered an 11 point lead.  Week 14 Bye  [Wk 15 L]

In 2010 week 13, squandered an 11 point lead.  Week 14:  Lost 10-31

In 2009 week 9, squandered an 11 point lead.  Week 10: Won 28-19

In 2016 week 1, squandered a 10 point lead.  Week 2: Won 46-27

In 1998 week 10, squandered a 9 point lead.  Week 11: Lost 9-13

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

I almost forgot about that 2016 Chiefs game and so against my own wisdom, I looked it up.

That was when Kelvin Benjamin fumbled on the first play of the final drive with only 30 seconds left on the clock which led to the game losing FG. And before that, Cam throwing a pick six. 

Can't lie. That loss was just as brutal.

• Pie 4

6 hours ago, KB_fan said:

Apologies, I know it's long-past the 24 hour rule and time to be moving on from Sunday's loss.  But I've had a really busy two weeks and no chance to be on here much at all for awhile.

You haven't missed much.  In fact, you should probably be thankful.  This place has been a shitshow.  I really hope we win sunday just so people's periods hopefully end.  The dumbass hot takes have been extra this week.

Edited by Luciu5
  • Pie 2

5 hours ago, Shocker said:

9 points?  This is hardly a 28-3 type of collapse 

Just for fun I looked up Panthers largest-ever margin at halftime.  Funnily enough, 28 points.  3 games.  1 of them versus Atlanta in 2015.  The 38-0 shutout.  Fun. 

tenp.JPG.57f730b0c6b5baa1ed367cef69276a0b.JPG

• Pie 3

18 hours ago, outlaw4 said:

I almost forgot about that 2016 Chiefs game and so against my own wisdom, I looked it up.

That was when Kelvin Benjamin fumbled on the first play of the final drive with only 30 seconds left on the clock which led to the game losing FG. And before that, Cam throwing a pick six. 

Can't lie. That loss was just as brutal.

and since then they drafted a HOFer at QB while we took an oft injured RB, and signed two bottom 10 starters as signal callers