• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deonte Brown carted off during practice

SgtJoo

21 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Only 1 of those 3 have shown promise in the league….

based on what?  

I would say Wirfs has been great so far and the other two have shown promise.  Like I said earlier OTs take time to develop.  The Wirfs and Slaters are the exceptions, you have to draft guys, give them time to develop, and even then there is no guarantee.  

• Beer 1

20 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

The NFL seriously needs to consider expanding the practice squad or the roster or both. The amount of injuries is getting to be staggering. I would still like to see a minor league system with adding players similar to the waiver wire.

Unless you can find a way to make it profitable it probably will never happen. It may be good for teams, but it is cost prohibited. Owners don't like losing money. Get tv behind it, and it may work. But Owners are not going to spend the money it would take to run a league like that.

• Beer 1

33 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

The NFL seriously needs to consider expanding the practice squad or the roster or both. The amount of injuries is getting to be staggering. I would still like to see a minor league system with adding players similar to the waiver wire.

The non grass turf fields are taking players down…and Thursday night games 

8 hours ago, frankw said:

As a sixth rounder it was a longshot but all we had. I'm just disappointed in our approach to the oline overall. With the worst interior we have fielded in years we now have one lineman from this years draft. There will be more opportunities but for the time being Rhule and Fitt blew it.

This is after you spent all of your picks on defense in the previous draft. How is that working out right now. When you load up on defense and neglect other areas of the squad, you better hope your defense can actually win some games for you. That isn't happening right now especially with C-Mac out. Not a good look on Fit's part. But, keep drafting defense and trading away from early round OL, it'll all work out some how. Gettlemagic-ess. 

1 hour ago, AU-panther said:

based on what?  

I would say Wirfs has been great so far and the other two have shown promise.  Like I said earlier OTs take time to develop.  The Wirfs and Slaters are the exceptions, you have to draft guys, give them time to develop, and even then there is no guarantee.  

And since the standard is “showing promise”, especially at LT, I don’t possibly see how Willis and Becton aren’t I that group. Both were very good at pass blocking. And had to play LT. Wirfs is a beast, but had an easier position to play. 

I remember that draft. I was pissed and didn’t want D Brown playing for the Panthers Even though everyone at Auburn knew he was. The sweet spot in that draft was figuring out where the 3rd and 4th LT was being taken. I didn’t see much difference in them. Oops on Thomas(but Gettleman took the pressure  off every by removing the bust(so far). Tampa found it. Imagine getting your new QB an OL he won’t get killed behind. 

I can easily see wanting one of them over DB just because of the situation of the team and OL. But I would caution that not long ago, what caused DB to be such a necessity. I think it was the worst run defense since 1985 by some metric. Which matched what we all saw. McCoy, Poe, Butler, KK not even attempting to do anything but get sacks. 2nd in the league in sacks. 2nd to last in points. That was the “we got 8 1st rounders, this is going to be great” defense as well. 

2 hours ago, AU-panther said:

based on what?  

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Are you high?

Both Bechton and wills have played less than 50%  of their team’s total snaps since entering the league in 2020. They were day 1 starters…. Bechton was horrible against us and can barely stay healthy. 

I’m not high. If you were to compare what Derrick Brown has done compared to those two…. His contribution far outweighs theirs….. here we are in a thread about a player getting injured claiming that TWO injured players are better than a player we drafted that has been an absolute monster on the dline. What a weird flex.

Edited by TheCasillas

41 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Both Bechton and wills have played less than 50%  of their team’s total snaps since entering the league in 2020. They were day 1 starters…. Bechton was horrible against us and can barely stay healthy. 

I’m not high. If you were to compare what Derrick Brown has done compared to those two…. His contribution far outweighs theirs….. here we are in a thread about a player getting injured claiming that TWO injured players are better than a player we drafted that has been an absolute monster on the dline. What a weird flex.

Games Off. Snaps Def. Snaps ST Snaps
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Num Pct Num Pct Num Pct
Career           739   0   0
2020 21 NYJ LT 77 14 13 691 70% 0 0% 0 0%
2021 22 NYJ ot 77 1 1 48 16% 0 0% 0 0%

Becton up there. And he sucked because he was hurt going into the game. Hasn’t played since. And still is nowhere close to under 50% of snaps 

Willis down below. 

Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Num Pct Num Pct Num Pct
Career           1150   0   69  
2020 21 CLE LT 71 15 15 960 90% 0 0% 68 16%
2021 22 CLE ot 71 4 4 190 54% 0 0% 1 1%

Care to explain the new math thatcame up with that fairy tale you just threw at the wall. 

• Flames 3