• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deonte Brown carted off during practice

SgtJoo

6 minutes ago, ColumbusCounty said:

Not quite bruh...wth... 

Horn ... you just just tell he'll be an impact player. 

Marshall... will be a big part of our offense in the future...

Tremble... see above

Christensen... see above. Motons first games were comparable. 

I'll stop there .... and by the end of year 3 ..this could very well end up being a top 1-3 draft in Panther history. That's 4 players with starter potential. Most teams are lucky to get two and a possible. And I didnt even mention Brown and Chubba. 

Agree. Not sure how an injured sixth rounder that was obviously being brought along slowly to begin with, tanks your draft class.  

• Pie 1

33 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think it's necessarily how college offenses work but how college offenses have impacted NFL offenses. More and more spread type formations but more and more pressure on your OL. There are just fewer blockers available even if all they're doing is chipping before releasing into their route.

NFL coaches have been blaming the college game for their shoddy prospect evaluation and player development since the beginning of the league. College coaches aren't paid to develop NFL talent. They're paid to build winning college football programs which just so happens to usually also produce NFL prospects.

The NFL uses college football as an unaffiliated minor league system but bitches about the quality of the players produced by the unaffiliated minor league system. Imagine that.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

39 minutes ago, ColumbusCounty said:

Not quite bruh...wth... 

Horn ... you just just tell he'll be an impact player. 

Marshall... will be a big part of our offense in the future...

Tremble... see above

Christensen... see above. Motons first games were comparable. 

I'll stop there .... and by the end of year 3 ..this could very well end up being a top 1-3 draft in Panther history. That's 4 players with starter potential. Most teams are lucky to get two and a possible. And I didnt even mention Brown and Chubba. 

2 and a possible sounds like a terrible spades hand.

I blame the NCAA. With the advent of the Spread O, Oline schemes are different than they used to be. Add in the fact that Coaches don't get enough time with individuals anymore. And you have fewer Linemen with NFL talent coming through like in the past.

You take the athlete, and hope you can coach him up. Which is what we are trying to do. However, we are just getting started, so we are a bit behind.

• Beer 1

Everyone wants to blame the NCAA for not developing O-lineman but in reality its the same number of players coming into the league, they are just earlier in their development and teams should draft accordingly.  

Our problems this year should have been addressed last year or the year earlier.  Everyone wants to talk about us passing on Slater this year, but last year we had the choice of Wirfs, Wills, and Becton. 

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, iamhubby1 said:

I blame the NCAA. With the advent of the Spread O, Oline schemes are different than they used to be. Add in the fact that Coaches don't get enough time with individuals anymore. And you have fewer Linemen with NFL talent coming through like in the past.

You take the athlete, and hope you can coach him up. Which is what we are trying to do. However, we are just getting started, so we are a bit behind.

It is not college football's fault. College coaches are paid to field good college football teams, not develop talent for the NFL. NFL coaches are paid to field good NFL teams. If they can't translate the talent from the college game to the pro game, it's on them not college football.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

The NFL uses college football as an unaffiliated minor league system but bitches about the quality of the players produced by the unaffiliated minor league system. Imagine that.

Its a two way street.  College teams like Alabama and Clemson use the greater likelihood of getting to the NFL as a recruiting tool.  

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It is not college football's fault. College coaches are paid to field good college football teams, not develop talent for the NFL. NFL coaches are paid to field good NFL teams. If they can't translate the talent from the college game to the pro game, it's on them not college football.

Dang dude. I never said I blamed the Coaches, or College Football. I said I blame the NCAA. They are the ones that limit the amount of time Coaches get with their kids. 

It's a trickle up affect. Kids that get less instruction during College, need more instruction when they hit the pros. It's just the way it is.