• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deonte Brown carted off during practice

SgtJoo

1 hour ago, Toomers said:
  Games Off. Snaps Def. Snaps ST Snaps
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Num Pct Num Pct Num Pct
Career           739   0   0
2020 21 NYJ LT 77 14 13 691 70% 0 0% 0 0%
2021 22 NYJ ot 77 1 1 48 16% 0 0% 0 0%

Becton up there. And he sucked because he was hurt going into the game. Hasn’t played since. And still is nowhere close to under 50% of snaps 

Willis down below. 

Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Num Pct Num Pct Num Pct
Career           1150   0   69  
2020 21 CLE LT 71 15 15 960 90% 0 0% 68 16%
2021 22 CLE ot 71 4 4 190 54% 0 0% 1 1%

Care to explain the new math thatcame up with that fairy tale you just threw at the wall. 

jets total snaps since 2020: 1239 (doesn’t include the 60 he will miss that they’ll get this weekend) divvied by snaps Bechton has played since entering the league : 739: 58% total snaps played….

As for Wills Im using his game participation this year which is currently sitting at 54% and he is expected to miss this week, so the number only drops from there. 

Both players are oft injured and have not been a consistent force for either team. Not sure what you are looking for here outside the fact that we can’t say a player is a miss by our staff if they are barely playing…

wirfs, is really the only one we can argue. However, Brown is an impact player who doesnt show up to be consistently on the injury report. If we drafted Bechton or Wills, this board would be ripping them apart and calling them “injury prone”

so there is your “fairy tale”

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Beer 1

20 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

jets total snaps since 2020: 1239 (doesn’t include the 60 he will miss that they’ll get this weekend) divvied by snaps Bechton has played since entering the league : 739: 58% total snaps played….

As for Wills Im using his game participation this year which is currently sitting at 54% and he is expected to miss this week, so the number only drops from there. 

Both players are oft injured and have not been a consistent force for either team. Not sure what you are looking for here outside the fact that we can’t say a player is a miss by our staff if they are barely playing…

wirfs, is really the only one we can argue. However, Brown is an impact player who doesnt show up to be consistently on the injury report. If we drafted Bechton or Wills, this board would be ripping them apart and calling them “injury prone”

so there is your “fairy tale”

Both Bechton and wills have played less than 50%  of their team’s total snaps since entering the league in 2020. They were day 1 starters…. Bechton was horrible against us and can barely stay healthy. 

This was YOUR words. Not even close to correct I’m. A “fairy tale” you created  with nothing true involved. Then it was have random criteria for each player that still made you wrong. Which is sort of sad. I shouldn’t respond because you’re doing a great job of making yourself look ignorant all by yourself. 

18. T MEKHI BECTON, NEW YORK JETS

Becton was one of a handful of surprises on this list. Yes, he was the 11th overall pick, but the fact that he was rarely tasked with true pass sets in a play-action and screen-heavy offense at Louisville was a big concern. Needless to say, it was a shock to see the 6-foot-7, 369-pound tackle outperform in pass protection as much as he did. Becton’s true pass set grade was the 13th-best among all left tackles this season. 

Seems someone thought he played above average for a LT. When’s the last time a Panthers LT did anything better than average? Especially pass-blocking? 2013?

Jedrick Wills had a terrific rookie campaign and earned a 77.6 pass-blocking grade. That was more NFL-ready than even I had predicted. Once again, name the Panthers LT that played that well? For 90% of the snaps. It’s the same 2013 answer. This as a rookie, and a switch from RT in college.

It sux that SHAQ, YGM, CMC, and without a doubt JC Horn are all done since they are missing.snaps. How deep you wanna drill down on this. Can’t wait to see the next set of rules.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

I tried explaining this earlier in the season but I got ridiculed for it. Massive weight loss makes a lot of things worse, especially endurance and the ability to stay hydrated. His muscles are also undergoing a lot of stress during these times, including his heart. Losing weight does not immediately make you healthier, it takes time to recover and readjust.

Give the guy some time. Training to be an NFL lineman is a hell of a lot of work and strain on the body. Doing it while in a weight loss plan has to be massively difficult. 

• Pie 2

19 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

I tried explaining this earlier in the season but I got ridiculed for it. Massive weight loss makes a lot of things worse, especially endurance and the ability to stay hydrated. His muscles are also undergoing a lot of stress during these times, including his heart. Losing weight does not immediately make you healthier, it takes time to recover and readjust.

Give the guy some time. Training to be an NFL lineman is a hell of a lot of work and strain on the body. Doing it while in a weight loss plan has to be massively difficult. 

What is he down now, about 30 lbs? That's probably 8-10% of his mass. Not an extreme amount, even for an athlete. If you are cutting weight properly, his endurance and heart should be getting healthier not getting worse. What you are describing is if you quickly cut weight in a very unhealthy manner. That can be very, very difficult on your body.

6 hours ago, Toomers said:

Both Bechton and wills have played less than 50%  of their team’s total snaps since entering the league in 2020. They were day 1 starters…. Bechton was horrible against us and can barely stay healthy. 

This was YOUR words. Not even close to correct I’m. A “fairy tale” you created  with nothing true involved. Then it was have random criteria for each player that still made you wrong. Which is sort of sad. I shouldn’t respond because you’re doing a great job of making yourself look ignorant all by yourself. 

18. T MEKHI BECTON, NEW YORK JETS

Becton was one of a handful of surprises on this list. Yes, he was the 11th overall pick, but the fact that he was rarely tasked with true pass sets in a play-action and screen-heavy offense at Louisville was a big concern. Needless to say, it was a shock to see the 6-foot-7, 369-pound tackle outperform in pass protection as much as he did. Becton’s true pass set grade was the 13th-best among all left tackles this season. 

Seems someone thought he played above average for a LT. When’s the last time a Panthers LT did anything better than average? Especially pass-blocking? 2013?

Jedrick Wills had a terrific rookie campaign and earned a 77.6 pass-blocking grade. That was more NFL-ready than even I had predicted. Once again, name the Panthers LT that played that well? For 90% of the snaps. It’s the same 2013 answer. This as a rookie, and a switch from RT in college.

It sux that SHAQ, YGM, CMC, and without a doubt JC Horn are all done since they are missing.snaps. How deep you wanna drill down on this. Can’t wait to see the next set of rules.  

Its clear he has no idea what he is talking about.  Wills is an absolute beast and like you say above Becton looks like he is their LT for the future.

I love Brown, I love horn but here we sit on the precipice of another season going completely down the tubes because our Oline simply cannot block.  By my count this has been the main reason we have sucked since 2016 and probably the reason we lost the superbowl.  

• Pie 1

42 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

What is he down now, about 30 lbs? That's probably 8-10% of his mass. Not an extreme amount, even for an athlete. If you are cutting weight properly, his endurance and heart should be getting healthier not getting worse. What you are describing is if you quickly cut weight in a very unhealthy manner. That can be very, very difficult on your body.

Being a lifelong fat guy, I understand what he's going through. I've lost, gained, lost, gained. You feel better, but it's murder on your body. And sometimes that weight loss is in part water loss, which can cause no end of problems.

I'm sure they have a nutritionist working with him to make sure he doesn't develop any vitamin deficiencies through this and his protein intake is through the roof, but the process can create so many little problems that extreme physical activity like he's doing can exacerbate them mightily. Heck even a drop in potassium is well within the possible things that can happen, and quickly. That can be near fatal if it goes too fast, potentially causing heart attacks and other serious ailments.

21 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Being a lifelong fat guy, I understand what he's going through. I've lost, gained, lost, gained. You feel better, but it's murder on your body. And sometimes that weight loss is in part water loss, which can cause no end of problems.

I'm sure they have a nutritionist working with him to make sure he doesn't develop any vitamin deficiencies through this and his protein intake is through the roof, but the process can create so many little problems that extreme physical activity like he's doing can exacerbate them mightily. Heck even a drop in potassium is well within the possible things that can happen, and quickly. That can be near fatal if it goes too fast, potentially causing heart attacks and other serious ailments.

That's what I mean by dropping weight in a healthy way. Anytime I(or anyone I have ever known) have cleaned up or improved my diet or exercise regimen, the weight cut wasn't negative. Quite the opposite. More stamina, more energy, etc. 

The issues happen when you aren't doing it properly(poor diet, not eating properly, not eating enough, poor exercise habits, improper exercise habits, etc). 

Very rapid weight loss can be dangerous if you aren't doing it properly. In his case, he has lost this 30ish pounds over the course of roughly 5-6 months. That is something just about anyone at his size should be able to do quite easily and quite safely.

I have a friend that was at 297 lbs November of last year(heaviest weight of his life) at 42 years old. Now he is slightly less than 200 lbs and in the best shape of his life(former college athlete, BTW). But he did it the right way. 30 lbs in 5-6 months is absolutely nothing.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

31 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Are you conflating body with mind because it shouldn't be murder on your body but mentally what it can take to lose that much weight and keep it off is mentally taxing...staying obese is what's murder on your body and quite literally at that.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Truth lived.

Yea i'm not a big guy myself but my best friend is and was a OT in HS for example and what I see is the mental part the most. Like it does no good to call someone a fatass as if they don't know or to say basic poo like "well stop eating". If all you had to do was just simply "stop eating" then no one would be fat.

I've gone through phases where I can't help what I eat and when I go back to eating better it is for me also the mental part because the animal can't really get enough food and the most caloric items are the least healthy almost always. Its how we evolved your brain lights up when you get that sugary or fatty bite telling you "this am survival".

1 hour ago, Khyber53 said:

I am a former lifelong fat guy. Losing the first 30 pounds was worse than losing the last 120. Figuring out how to get my electrolytes right was the worst part. A change in diet changes where you get your vitamins and minerals from and even with supplements, you may not always get it right. For me, it was magnesium that I couldn't get right and I would get the wobble as I call it. My crew knew to watch for it because if it happened I was in trouble. I would just black out for a split second and start to crumble before I caught myself.  Even with a nutritionist, I had a lot to learn about how my body responded to food that she couldn't teach me.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I am a former lifelong fat guy. Losing the first 30 pounds was worse than losing the last 120. Figuring out how to get my electrolytes right was the worst part. A change in diet changes where you get your vitamins and minerals from and even with supplements, you may not always get it right. For me, it was magnesium that I couldn't get right and I would get the wobble as I call it. My crew knew to watch for it because if it happened I was in trouble. I would just black out for a split second and start to crumble before I caught myself.  Even with a nutritionist, I had a lot to learn about how my body responded to food that she couldn't teach me.

This is what I was talking about. A lot of folks like to talk about weight loss and they struggle with the same old 20 lbs, but when you're seriously overweight, it's a whole different ballgame, one you can't understand until you've played it. 

22 hours ago, t96 said:

Hard to fathom the people here losing their sh*t because a 6th round rookie who is overweight wasn't starting. Yes our starters on the OL suck but I completely trust Rhule that Brown isn't better. This isn't Rivera, Rhule has played young talent over veterans. There was always a reason Brown wasn't playing, and apparently a pretty good one if he can't even make it through practice. Also, those calling this a wasted pick are also outrageous. Plenty of time for him to develop into a contributor for us. Large large large majority of 6th round picks are out of the league within a few years anyways and those that do make it don't contribute for several years.

For fugs sake SOME of us just want to have hope that there is something or someone out there who can play RG or LG better than the two clowns currently starting.

Excuse us for ever having a glimpse of hope!

15 hours ago, @bonafidebanter said:

This is after you spent all of your picks on defense in the previous draft. How is that working out right now. When you load up on defense and neglect other areas of the squad, you better hope your defense can actually win some games for you. That isn't happening right now especially with C-Mac out. Not a good look on Fit's part.

Fitt wasn't the GM when we went all defense in the draft. His one draft was about evenly split between offense and defense