• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

i keep thinking about the damn eagles game....who does this team look to when shits falling apart?

electro's horse

Who is the player that rallies them, tells them to CTFD, tells them they're going to go out there and control the clock/get a turnover?

On defense I think it might actually be Donte Jackson, as bizarre as that might be. Chinn will probably grow into that role. And of course we have Gilmore coming in who's had tons of success and been in shitty positions. 

But on offense? When they just needed 1 drive to ice that game, who was the person in the huddle that knew what was going on? 

I don't think that player exists on offense right now. It's the problem with being so young. 

i think it's one of the reasons that when things have started going pear shape the last two weeks they just don't stop. Obviously there's some talent deficits on the offensive line, the playcalling is mind numbing, etc. But they're just too damn young. 

in the offseason, on top of fixing the offensive line with all means at their disposal, this team really needs like a 32 year old blocking tight end that can just stumble out for a reliable six yards every time. 

Edited by electro's horse
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I don't get the question. I'd hope every starting, professional player on our offense knows the play call that is coming in, time on the clock, and the down and distance to gain.

If you mean, who's the guy we can rely on the most to make a play in those situations, his name is Christian and he hasn't been seeing much of the field lately.

Leadership is definitely lacking on offense. McCaffrey isn't that type of player he leads by example and his play on the field. This team needs some swagger. Instead we find ourselves playing scared and punting at home on fourth and short. Sad state of affairs.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

16 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

By Monday or Tuesday at the latest you should be on to the next opponent.  If not...that's not good.

you are right, don't me get me wrong

But at this point, it appears more and more the Panthers biggest opponent is themselves. When they are confident in the playcalling and the personnel out there, we've seen them pulling out the wins. Its when the chips are down, the cracks become more visible.

I usually think of the QB when a question like this pops up. So its fair to ask, down in the ballgame, does Sam have the dog in him to look past the mistakes and rally the offense ?

The next couple of games are gonna tell us what we need to know.

• Beer 1

21 minutes ago, ChibCU said:

I don't get the question. I'd hope every starting, professional player on our offense knows the play call that is coming in, time on the clock, and the down and distance to gain.

If you mean, who's the guy we can rely on the most to make a play in those situations, his name is Christian and he hasn't been seeing much of the field lately.

He's talking about that guy on the field who, when everything is falling apart and everyone is frazzled and/or feeling like it's out of control, will rally the guys together and get them to pull their poo together.

• Beer 1