• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Starting O-line tomorrow is Erving/Daley/Paradis/Miller/Moton

SgtJoo

23 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

It’s honestly just not fun anymore.  25 years of mostly suck just isn’t enough.  I got more enjoyment out of a baseball game.  BASEBALL!! 

Uggghh… I hate pulling for a bad team.

Honestly, I'm reaching that point.  I'll always be a fan of the Panthers and hold my allegiance to them, but I realized a few years ago, especially after Superbowl 50, the only way to ensure one is to curry favor with the league office.  You can only do that be either developing or obtaining one of the top 5 superstars in the league or so (and keep them healthy), or build an undeniably good team with great coaching that is capable of making the playoffs every year, thus recognized as a perennial contender.  When we had the best player in the league, we ran him into the ground within a year after his MVP season, so giving ourself a chance to get to another Superbowl went out the window as soon as we were pushed out of Superbowl 50 by league storylines and officiating.

Anyways, the only way to obtain a league superstar or a perennial winner is through good ownership.  The realization I had a few years ago is that if you look around the league, most ownership sucks and are incapable of running a winning organizations.  Only a handful of organizations in the league have been winners during any significant stretches, everyone else has had small spurts where they just lucked into winning.  Look at the Lions, Bears, Browns, Cardinals, etc. - some of the oldest franchises in the league and they have abysmal history outside of a few small spurts of success.  

Now, we have a chance to turn it around with new (and very wealthy) ownership in Tepper, but it also takes the ability to find and appoint the right leadership that create a winning culture and system.  Patriots and Belichick, Baltimore and Harbaugh, Seattle and Carroll, Pittsburgh and Cowher and then Tomlin, KC and Philly before them with Reid...  these are the most recent teams with sustained success. 

Tepper gave us new hope, but it isn't very promising so far.  He held onto Rivera too long, Hurney as well, allowed Cam to be jettisoned when the two guys that followed have been worse (despite Cam's injury issues and physical condition), then paid out the wazoo for Rhule and his handpicked staff, which are already showing signs of regression and amateurish decision-making.

So, all that being said, seeing the direction we are trending now, I'm just not seeing that glimmer of elite, culture-building ownership that the league's winning franchises have.  And since I was 10 years old when we first got a team, living for every fall Sunday just to watch our Panthers, only to be let down time and time again...  it just starts to wear on you.  It's like being in an abusive relationship, and we just keep coming back to be disappointed, hurt, and let down.

Again, I will always be a fan and will always have my allegiance and loyalty to my hometeams, but at some point, I have to question how much I'm giving to this team and what am I getting back in return.  And at this point, I'm way in the red, and it just doesn't feel very good anymore.

Sorry for using your post as a springboard to vent, but this poo is frustrating.

• Beer 2

17 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Honestly, I'm reaching that point.  I'll always be a fan of the Panthers and hold my allegiance to them, but I realized a few years ago, especially after Superbowl 50, the only way to ensure one is to curry favor with the league office.  You can only do that be either developing or obtaining one of the top 5 superstars in the league or so (and keep them healthy), or build an undeniably good team with great coaching that is capable of making the playoffs every year, thus recognized as a perennial contender.  When we had the best player in the league, we ran him into the ground within a year after his MVP season, so giving ourself a chance to get to another Superbowl went out the window as soon as we were pushed out of Superbowl 50 by league storylines and officiating.

Anyways, the only way to obtain a league superstar or a perennial winner is through good ownership.  The realization I had a few years ago is that if you look around the league, most ownership sucks and are incapable of running a winning organizations.  Only a handful of organizations in the league have been winners during any significant stretches, everyone else has had small spurts where they just lucked into winning.  Look at the Lions, Bears, Browns, Cardinals, etc. - some of the oldest franchises in the league and they have abysmal history outside of a few small spurts of success.  

Now, we have a chance to turn it around with new (and very wealthy) ownership in Tepper, but it also takes the ability to find and appoint the right leadership that create a winning culture and system.  Patriots and Belichick, Baltimore and Harbaugh, Seattle and Carroll, Pittsburgh and Cowher and then Tomlin, KC and Philly before them with Reid...  these are the most recent teams with sustained success. 

Tepper gave us new hope, but it isn't very promising so far.  He held onto Rivera too long, Hurney as well, allowed Cam to be jettisoned when the two guys that followed have been worse (despite Cam's injury issues and physical condition), then paid out the wazoo for Rhule and his handpicked staff, which are already showing signs of regression and amateurish decision-making.

So, all that being said, seeing the direction we are trending now, I'm just not seeing that glimmer of elite, culture-building ownership that the league's winning franchises have.  And since I was 10 years old when we first got a team, living for every fall Sunday just to watch our Panthers, only to be let down time and time again...  it just starts to wear on you.  It's like being in an abusive relationship, and we just keep coming back to be disappointed, hurt, and let down.

Again, I will always be a fan and will always have my allegiance and loyalty to my hometeams, but at some point, I have to question how much I'm giving to this team and what am I getting back in return.  And at this point, I'm way in the red, and it just doesn't feel very good anymore.

Sorry for using your post as a springboard to vent, but this poo is frustrating.

Come on man. We are 5 games into the 2nd year of a rebuild. You have to remember how little talent this team had before Rhule got here? Take a look around, there is so much more talent, at almost every level. And this was actually just the 1st year of Rhule, and Fittz.

You have to give this regime at least some time to get this ship turned around. I mean, truly, is it really fair to judge Rhule, and Co. at this time?

Have they been perfect? No. But despite that, we are still trending upwards. And only someone who doesn't want to see it, will deny it.

Some bad breaks have befallen this team. Let's see how this works out. Then maybe we can make a more informed decision. 

Edit to add; I feel your angst, I really do. I'm am frustrated as well. That 3 game winning streak was a tease. The difference is, I like the directions we are headed.

Edited by iamhubby1
  • Pie 2

Rivera is crazy with this offensive line.  I don't see why it would hurt playing Brady at LT, the damn position he played for years in college and Moton at RT.... the position he was extended to play.  If Brady is worse, then make a change.  There isn't too much to lose honestly.  

9 minutes ago, Squid Game said:

Really hoping that Sam Darnold will tear his ACL so we can end this season already. Matt Rhule’s ego and cluelessness in the NFL need to get him fired after this season. Thanks, Tepper. 

bruh. 

I mean...you could personally end the Panthers season yourself by simply not watching.    That's certainly an option, you know? 🤷‍♂️

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 1

10 minutes ago, stbugs said:

No, with COVID they changed the IR rules so that IR just means a minimum of 3 weeks out and you can be activated any time after 3 weeks with no limit to returns. This is just in-season, pre-season IR is still out for year otherwise use PUP out for first 6.

Oh, for some reason I guess I just assumed they had gone back to normal rules this season considering most everyone is vaccinated now. That makes a ton more sense why we IR’d CMC than.

16 hours ago, SgtJoo said:

"In that context, Bengals guard Mike Jordan experienced the most horrific kind of horror for an O-lineman in Week 11 2020 against the Washington Football Team. Not only did Jordan get bulldozed by Jonathan Allen, but the guard also crunched the pass rusher into the left knee of Joe Burrow.

Season over for the No. 1 overall pick.

For Jordon, the blown block that took out Burrow was the rancid cherry on top of a spoiled, rotten sundae. Against Washington, Jordan allowed a sack, five QB hits, three hurries and nine pressures, per Pro Football Focus. He was benched for the final four games of the season.

Jordan's struggles underscored a Bengals O-line that received heavy criticism last year for its poor play. His 35 pressures allowed were fourth-most among all guards last season, per PFF. The three players who gave up more each played in 16 games. Jordan took part in only 11."

Lmao 

They picked Cam Erving and this guy, in the same off season. Wow.

• Pie 1