• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cowboys Waive offensive tackle Brandon Knight.

ichigo1057

33 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Ravens claimed him......no chance the panthers were behind the ravens on the chart is there?? ugh..

I'm assuming it would have went off of our record last week but even then when would have had the chance before them. fuging figures. Don't get why we wouldn't take a chance on him. 

If I understand correctly, after week 3, waiver priority is based on current record/standings.  We were 3-2, Ravens 4-1 at the time of his release.  So we had to have not put in a waiver claim unless I missed us picking up someone else off waivers.  

I guess it's some consolation the dude hasn't reported to the Ravens for personal reasons, but I really don't see any reasons why we wouldn't have brought this guy in.

Link

The team announced on Wednesday that Knight has refused to report to the team. Head coach John Harbaugh said at a Wednesday press conference that Knight did not report for personal reasons.

• Beer 1

41 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Not, vaccinated.  

I mean, the guy clearly seems to be doing things right to avoid infection since he was playing in Texas after all. As long as he could continue to follow the regulations I'd be fine with him personally. They are really strict on testing for unvaxed players from what I've read. I am curious what his reason was for not reporting to the Raven though.

26 minutes ago, ichigo1057 said:

I mean, the guy clearly seems to be doing things right to avoid infection since he was playing in Texas after all. As long as he could continue to follow the regulations I'd be fine with him personally.

Hear ya.

Over the course of the season seems likely the vaxx'd population of NFL players will have more trouble w/ Covid for the reasons you mention...

...namely, they are not subject to "doing things right to avoid infection".   

5 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

We all seem to hate that other Dallas offensive lineman we picked up this year, right?

Maybe we shouldn't be so bothered by missing out on one they waived.

Main difference I've seen though is that I saw some Dallas fans not liking waving Knight and other being happy it gives him an opportunity to play elsewhere. I really didn't see those same sentiments for the other Dallas guy. But *shrugs* just kind of thought Fitterer might have tried to take a shot on him since he said he was exploring options for the OLine but no trades were available.

• Pie 1