• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

• panthers-redskins-1.jpg

Official Vikings at Panthers Gameday Thread

Zod

Just now, Davidson Deac II said:

Maybe, but I not sure that one was on him.  Appears there was some miscommunication on the line, but I am not sure it if was on him, or on others not hearing him.  Regardless, they missed the stunt.   

He was so completely turned right not even thinking a stunt could come from the left. He was barely blocking anyone. That’s awful C play. Miller and Moton didn’t need help so make sure no one is coming around the DT taking Daley left. It’s like CBs who don’t get their head around.

1 minute ago, Catsfan69 said:

How many times did we see Steve Smith take a similar play to the house?

Catch it. Run over somebody and get the first down.

Even if you don't make it its 10 more yards of field position. 

I agree, but even with DJ's physicality, one thing that always worked in Smitty's favor on those was he had a ridiculously low center of gravity and contact strength/balance, so a lot of times he could take that first hit in stride.  If DJ caught that one, he had 2 defenders crashing downhill on where he was headed.  It was unlikely he would dodge both of them.