• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Vikings at Panthers Gameday Thread

Zod

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

We ran 16 times today, coulda turned 10 of those drops into 10 rushes for 40 yards and a couple field goals at the least. 

Agree but if CMC does come back and get 29 Rushes like Cook everybody will go crazy overthat but the Vike just did it to us with a less than 120 percent healthy RB

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, CPF4LIFE said:

I get your point to an extent but have you ever even played football before? There is a reason why they only play one game a week and watch players snap counts. The defense was just out there way to long today, i was praying we won the the coin toss so we could receive the ball cuz i had a bad feeling about defense on another drive. These guys wear down over the course of game at a fast rate they dont gain more energy. It was just bad situation for our defense.

What was defense's excuse last week then? Eagles D was on the field longer than ours and STILL made the plays to win the game. When you're the "strength" of the team, you make clutch plays in clutch moments, which we have not two weeks in a row now.

And I've played football all my life (since pee wee to Elon), I know all about being gassed. But that wasn't even the main reason. It was more missed assignments, letting receivers literally run free for big gashes all 2nd half. Lack of communication, misreads, players confused, etc. Elite defenses don't have those breakdowns in clutch moments. What's the point in spending the majority of your assets (literally last year's whole draft) on defense when they continue to choke? Sounds like a waste of investment if you ask me.

• Pie 2

45 minutes ago, Castavar said:

What was defense's excuse last week then? Eagles D was on the field longer than ours and STILL made the plays to win the game. When you're the "strength" of the team, you make clutch plays in clutch moments, which we have not two weeks in a row now.

And I've played football all my life (since pee wee to Elon), I know all about being gassed. But that wasn't even the main reason. It was more missed assignments, letting receivers literally run free for big gashes all 2nd half. Lack of communication, misreads, players confused, etc. Elite defenses don't have those breakdowns in clutch moments. What's the point in spending the majority of your assets (literally last year's whole draft) on defense when they continue to choke? Sounds like a waste of investment if you ask me.

It was the same thing last week. Lol its a clear difference in the way they have performed late in games compared to the first 3 games. The offense has regressed, defenses wear down at a faster rate compared to offenses over the course of a season.  If you think they are bad now, wait till the second half of the season if this  offense cant turn it around. 

3 hours ago, OhhhhCam said:

When he has time he has been the worst Qb in the league i never seen a qb that when he get more time to throw actually get worse at his job . He does it every game  so the blame the o line is valid but Sam is also trash . He get no passes he’s not a rookie 

As I said.  People are blaming this squarely on Darnold.  Your post is agreeing with EXACTLY what I said

1 hour ago, Castavar said:

Not buying the got gassed part either…these guys are pros…they get paid millions, yet they wilt in Q4?…they have got to do better

but let’s not forget we are missing Shaq, Burris and our #1 draft pick…the players n the field in their places are not as good