• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

• panthers-redskins-1.jpg

Who else is depressed about the Panthers?

Are you depressed about the Panthers?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Are you

• Yes
    • No
    • Football is football

I used to be. And the eagles game last week his in a way that I've been good at avoiding, but football is football. There are too many actual real things in life to worry about and to try to enjoy. It's not healthy to let a game you have no control over impact your day to day life. Easier said than done, but the last couple years I've gone a long way at not letting stupid losses affect me for more than 30 minutes to an hour after the game was over. After that, it's about the family and kids. Going for a walk, go to the park, we're just playing in the house.

If football is resulting in depression for anyone, consider talking to someone.

• Pie 8

For most people who are into sports the teams they like are a part of their identity to varying degrees, so yeah it sucks.

Probably around 2012 I changed my attitude a bit and quit letting it ruin my week when the Panthers would lose.  Partially out of practicality because boy, they sure had sucked for a few years, and it got old being miserable.  I think becoming more of a fully fledged adult with adult responsibilities played a part too.

e: also I think the Nakamura Incident broke me to some degree lol

Edited by The NFL Shield At Midfield
  • Pie 7
  • The D 1
  • Flames 1

If they win today they are right back on track. Plus I’ve been expecting a long rebuild. Like other posters are saying, it’s just a game. I get mad right when they lose, but have learned to get over it pretty quick. 

• Pie 1

Meh, the older I get the less it bothers me when my team sucks. Plus, we are basically what I expected us to be. I figured we'd be a 7-9ish type of team and that looks to be the pace that we're on. We'll beat most of the truly bad teams we face. Maybe steal one or two against better teams. Maybe lose one or two against teams we should beat (*cough* the Eagles *cough*). It'll all end up coming out right around that 7-9 spot.Likely just out of reach in the draft of those QB and OL prospects that we REALLY want then we have to wait until the 4th round to be on the clock again at which point you're basically looking at drafting backups unless you get lucky. It is what it is.

• Pie 3

OFC Brooklyn has an asshole response. 🙄

Anyway, to parrot what a few have said, it used to ruin my whole damn week after a loss, but I eventually stopped associating my happiness to what boils down to a reality TV show lol. It sucks when we lose, but I don’t let it impact my personal feelings for more than 30 mins after the game. I love this team, but it doesn’t define me. 

Keep pounding. 

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

If your answer is "Yes," then try watching some Hurricanes hockey.

Faster sport, fewer rules, fewer TV timeouts and stoppage. It's a 2-hour, non-stop game.

I respect the hell out of the game of hockey and the skill sets involved, but I just can't get into it. I grew up completely immersed in football and basketball - sports where possession and turnovers are paramount. A game like hockey where the concept of possession is so fluid and virtually every "possession" ultimately ends in what amounts to a turnover just really frustrates me to watch. It's a bias I just can't overcome. I've tried. Can't do it. I'm just too rooted in football and basketball and that type of concrete possession sport where the turnover battle often goes a long way in deciding games.