• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This has to be said: Cam Newton is vaccinated and available

hepcat

2 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

When healthy this o line might not be the worst Cam ever played behind but it sure wouldn't be one of the best. 

Cama best bet is a team ready to win now. That is not us.

o line is bad but ppl have selective memory, cam played behind some horrible o lines.

that’s not an endorsement to sign cam, that’s just telling the truth about the matter.

cam isn’t coming here nor are we signing him, I’m cool with that, but we gotta stop some of the revisionist history(not referring to you btw). 

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Cam played for Carolina in his prime and managed a grand total of 3 winning seasons out of 9.

Cam is no longer in his prime.  The Panthers are still a hot mess, especially the offensive line.

Cam's fans routinely explained away his failure to win by blaming Carolina's terrible offensive line.

None of those lines were any worse than what the Panthers fielded today.

Stop torturing yourselves.  Cam playing w/this team would result in pretty much the same outcome, another losing season.

Nobody thinks cam is in his prime. Just that he’s a better option then Darnold right now. This isn’t hard to grasp. 

cam didn’t fail in Carolina in losing seasons. He consistently posted roughly 4000k yards and 25-30+ tds while having poo olines and poo wrs. He made poo work better than most with horrible skill players and horrible lines. 

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

LOL! Not even close.

Cam had Gross in 11,12,13 at LT. He also had Kalil his entire time here at C. For a decent portion he had Trai Turner and Andrew Norwell together. Even Mike Remmers is better than anything we have now other than Moton. Had Oher at one point too.

Cams interior OLs weren’t that bad it was just always the LT and RT spots that were sketchy. Like the whole Byron Bell and Nate Chandler ordeal.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

That’s not what I argued, I highlighted the part of your statement that was far fetched 

Not far fetched at all. 

You're quibbling about two of the worst offensive lines in Carolina's history.  Sufficive to say, Cam would not thrive behind either line.

How do I know?  Cam in his prime was our QB for almost a decade, he couldn't win behind a porous offensive line then, what has changed that would enable him to do it now?

There is no reason to believe today's Cam is better than the one who played for the Panthers in his prime and numerous reasons to believe he isn't. 

What is far fetched?  Believing that today's Cam is capable of doing what Cam in his prime could not do.

2 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

Cam had Gross in 11,12,13 at LT. He also had Kalil his entire time here at C. For a decent portion he had Trai Turner and Andrew Norwell together. Even Mike Remmers is better than anything we have now other than Moton. Had Oher at one point too.

Cams interior OLs weren’t that bad it was just always the LT and RT spots that were sketchy. Like the whole Byron Bell and Nate Chandler ordeal.

We're specifically talking about the OL featuring Chandler and Bell at OT. Norwell and Turner were there but they were rookies and Norwell didn't get on the field until well into the year when (I think it was Silatolu) got hurt. That OL was BAD. Yes, worse than this one.

4 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Nobody thinks cam is in his prime. Just that he’s a better option then Darnold right now. This isn’t hard to grasp. 

cam didn’t fail in Carolina in losing seasons. He consistently posted roughly 4000k yards and 25-30+ tds while having poo olines and poo wrs. He made poo work better than most with horrible skill players and horrible lines. 

And yet he only managed three winning seasons.

Was his talent wasted?  Yes, but the things that held him back in Carolina are still an issue today.  Most notably the offensive line and crappy play calling.

Yes, Cam was incredible in his day.  He is not the dominant QB he once was and his super powers were his ability to run like a fullback and throw like a rocket launcher.  Today's Cam is not that guy.  He is a shadow of what he once was.

Cherish the memories, but it is time to move on.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We're specifically talking about the OL featuring Chandler and Bell at OT. Norwell and Turner were there but they were rookies and Norwell didn't get on the field until well into the year when (I think it was Silatolu) got hurt. That OL was BAD. Yes, worse than this one.

Regardless, that only accounts for one year out of nine.  Today's offensive line is obviously horrendous. One of the all time worst in franchise history.  Cam would not thrive behind this line. 

3 winning seasons out of 9.  Cam is no longer the Superman many still believe him to be.

Just now, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Regardless, that only accounts for one year out of nine.  Today's offensive line is obviously horrendous. One of the all time worst in franchise history.  Cam would not thrive behind this line. 

3 winning seasons out of 9.  Cam is no longer the Superman many still believe him to be.

We're specifically talking about one OL. I don't know why y'all are having such difficulty understanding that.

No, Cam is a shadow of himself. Not sure why you want to throw shade in retrospect though. How many winning seasons do Rivera and Gettleman, etc. have without Cam as their QB? He floated our trash organization for years. Now here we are.

• Flames 1

7 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

And yet he only managed three winning seasons.

Was his talent wasted?  Yes, but the things that held him back in Carolina are still an issue today.  Most notably the offensive line and crappy play calling.

Yes, Cam was incredible in his day.  He is not the dominant QB he once was and his super powers were his ability to run like a fullback and throw like a rocket launcher.  Today's Cam is not that guy.  He is a shadow of what he once was.

Cherish the memories, but it is time to move on.

Again. He consistently posted franchise qb numbers with shitty olines and shitty skill players. Darnold needs everything to be perfect for that to happen. And move on to what? Darnold? lol. I already said I’d take cam on a one year deal because he’s the best option midseason. This is just a fun topic that you had to jump in and poo on for no reason. No cam is not the future. We need to be actively looking for the qb of the future. You are annoyingly condescending. 

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We're specifically talking about one OL. I don't know why y'all are having such difficulty understanding that.

No, Cam is a shadow of himself. Not sure why you want to throw shade in retrospect though. How many winning seasons do Rivera and Gettleman, etc. have without Cam as their QB? He floated our trash organization for years. Now here we are.

So stating facts is "throwing shade"?

The subject of the thread is bringing back Cam to Carolina because the current QB is struggling to lead this team to victory and that Cam would be more exciting.

Would Cam make things more exciting?  In his prime most definitely, without a doubt. If that were the situation we were dealing with today, I'd be leading the parade to get him back here. 

Reality is, Cam is a only shadow of what he once was.  During Cam's final years here, it was painful to watch him struggle. 

There was nothing in Cam's performance as a Patriot last year that would suggest he'd be capable of coming back to Carolina and turning things around with our porous offensive line and terrible play calling.

We should also realize this idea of Cam returning is nothing more than a fantasy.  

Not even sure why I'm bothering to attempt to talk reason to those who are clearly unreasonable. 

• Pie 1