• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This has to be said: Cam Newton is vaccinated and available

hepcat

3 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

So stating facts is "throwing shade"?

The subject of the thread is bringing back Cam to Carolina because the current QB is struggling to lead this team to victory and that Cam would be more exciting.

Would Cam make things more exciting?  In his prime most definitely, without a doubt. If that were the situation we were dealing with today, I'd be leading the parade to get him back here. 

Reality is, Cam is a only shadow of what he once was.  During Cam's final years here, it was painful to watch him struggle. 

There was nothing in Cam's performance as a Patriot last year that would suggest he'd be capable of coming back to Carolina and turning things around with our porous offensive line and terrible play calling.

We should also realize this idea of Cam returning is nothing more than a fantasy.  

Not even sure why I'm bothering to attempt to talk reason to those who are clearly unreasonable. 

Go back and look at the posts of mine you've quoted. You're trying to drag me into discussions with other people. My scope of posting that you're quoting is very specific and I just don't think you're grasping that while trying to argue with multiple people at once.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Go back and look at the posts of mine you've quoted. You're trying to drag me into discussions with other people. My scope of posting that you're quoting is very specific and I just don't think you're grasping that while trying to argue with multiple people at once.

I think you may be on to something here.

Never mind.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth

1 hour ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Not far fetched at all. 

You're quibbling about two of the worst offensive lines in Carolina's history.  Sufficive to say, Cam would not thrive behind either line.

How do I know?  Cam in his prime was our QB for almost a decade, he couldn't win behind a porous offensive line then, what has changed that would enable him to do it now?

There is no reason to believe today's Cam is better than the one who played for the Panthers in his prime and numerous reasons to believe he isn't. 

What is far fetched?  Believing that today's Cam is capable of doing what Cam in his prime could not do.

I hate arguing a point I wasn’t trying to make but since you insist on pushing this narrative that cam was directly the reason we only accomplished 3 winning seasons out of 9, while leaving out key factors, like how poor the defense was majority of the time, poor gm’s and poor coaching, and apparently you don’t see the year we went 7-8-1 as a success although we made the playoffs and won a playoff game is kinda bizarre also.  

cam isn’t being signed here or nor I’m advocating it, but in the years cam has played qb here, you can argue there hasn’t been a year where he was holding us back from being better than we actually appeared(maybe 2016 but that’s it).

arguing that Sam can do better with less more than cam isn’t true baring some turn around next half of the season for him. Reason you have posters advocating for it currently is because the 7-8 record he posted with that terrible pats roster last year.

So stating facts is "throwing shade"?

The subject of the thread is bringing back Cam to Carolina because the current QB is struggling to lead this team to victory and that Cam would be more exciting.

Would Cam make things more exciting?  In his prime most definitely, without a doubt. If that were the situation we were dealing with today, I'd be leading the parade to get him back here. 

Reality is, Cam is a only shadow of what he once was.  During Cam's final years here, it was painful to watch him struggle. 

There was nothing in Cam's performance as a Patriot last year that would suggest he'd be capable of coming back to Carolina and turning things around with our porous offensive line and terrible play calling.

We should also realize this idea of Cam returning is nothing more than a fantasy.  

Not even sure why I'm bothering to attempt to talk reason to those who are clearly unreasonable. 

This is the important part you and others are conveniently ignoring or just didn’t watch the pats last year, if he posted a 7-8 record last year with that roster from the pats, it’s not out the realm of reality to think he’d do better with better talent around him ? 20 tot and 10 ints with the pats offense last year vs Sam, who’s on pace for 31tots and 21 ints and that’s only if you believe he’ll double his rushing tds by seasons end. 

i’ve listen and watched ppl say for the last 3 years cam is washed etc etc but every qb that steps in after him has underperformed, Kyle Allen, teddy, and we are currently watching Mac Jones and Sam darnold follow trend. 

again not an endorsement to sign cam, but we gotta quit acting like these fringe starters are better than cam, whether past or present( ps cam ranked better than darnold last year) 

3 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

I hate arguing a point I wasn’t trying to make but since you insist on pushing this narrative that cam was directly the reason we only accomplished 3 winning seasons out of 9, while leaving out key factors, like how poor the defense was majority of the time, poor gm’s and poor coaching, and apparently you don’t see the year we went 7-8-1 as a success although we made the playoffs and won a playoff game is kinda bizarre also.  

You are are apparently only seeing what you want to see. 

My point was that bringing Cam in won't result in any appreciable difference from what we are experiencing at the moment.  He is no longer the QB he once was, he isn't superman and the current team has many of the same issues the worst Panthers teams had during Cam's prime.  At time when even with all Cam's talent, he only achieved three winning seasons. 

Again, this whole conversation is ridiculous in the extreme. 

The Panthers won't be bringing Cam on board to save them for a myriad of reasons.  Not the least of which is the current management are the same people that decided to release Cam two years ago.  Eventually, even his most devout fans will have to come to terms with that reality.  Time to let go of the past.  

14 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

This is the important part you and others are conveniently ignoring or just didn’t watch the pats last year, if he posted a 7-8 record last year with that roster from the pats, it’s not out the realm of reality to think he’d do better with better talent around him ? 20 tot and 10 ints with the pats offense last year vs Sam, who’s on pace for 31tots and 21 ints and that’s only if you believe he’ll double his rushing tds by seasons end. 

i’ve listen and watched ppl say for the last 3 years cam is washed etc etc but every qb that steps in after him has underperformed, Kyle Allen, teddy, and we are currently watching Mac Jones and Sam darnold follow trend. 

again not an endorsement to sign cam, but we gotta quit acting like these fringe starters are better than cam, whether past or present( ps cam ranked better than darnold last year) 

32 teams had every opportunity to sign Cam to a contract last year and the one team that eventually did, did so at a huge discount.  The Patriots then decided to part ways with Cam after one season, in favor of a rookie QB. 

That's reality. 

Cam is no longer considered a franchise QB.

You want to believe Cam would make a significant difference for a Panthers team in disarray?  Go right ahead.  

History says otherwise.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth

32 teams had every opportunity to sign Cam to a contract last year and the one team that eventually did, did so at a huge discount.  The Patriots then decided to part ways with Cam after one season, in favor of a rookie QB. 

That's reality. 

Cam is no longer considered a franchise QB.

You want to believe Cam would make a significant difference for a Panthers team in disarray?  Go right ahead.  

History says otherwise.

Pats are on pace to finish worst than last year and that’s with a supposedly better qb and over 100 million dollars spent in fa to additions to the roster and key defensive players retuning from covid opt outs.

we have also parted with cam and what has that exactly gotten us ? Top 10 pick and teddys dead money still on the books ? Not exactly great, and Sam isn’t looking too hot right now.

Cam isn’t a franchise guy, and he’s not a top qb any longer, but what Sam has put on film the last two games it isn’t hard to think Cam let alone other qbs couldn’t perform better than that. 

if gm’s and coaches want to get fired trotting, Davis Mills, Jared Goff, etc have at it, doesn’t exactly proves your point above 

5 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

The fact you think Darnold is on cams level rushing is hilarious. 

The fact that you believe that's what I was saying is hilarious. 

I said Sam can run.   And it's not like he hasn't run before, for a TD.  He did it with the freakin' Jets, too.    

Oh but I offended fans of the "Greatest QB in Carolina History" so.....

...maybe I should've provided a disclaimer like this :

Oh but Sam cannot run as good as the GOD OF ALL QB's Cam Newton!  😱

Maybe I would've been clearer to you then. 😑

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 1

14 hours ago, hepcat said:

Sam Darnold is absolutely terrible and this offense needs a leader. It’s obvious Darnold is a failure and will not improve. Maybe Brady is also a problem. But at least having Cam will make this a more interesting season to watch than watching a Jets reject ruin our season. 

Sure, why not?  Throwing gasoline on a burning building always improves the outcome.

• Flames 1