• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I think I'm ready for PJ

Zod

Sam had to take more chances because obviously hitting the receivers in the hands with the ball wasnt working.  Man did everything but run out there and catch the ball himself.  No QB in this league would have survived with as much as the receivers failed in this game.  The blame goes on Brady for a dumb game plan. Run the dam ball.  The team is built for it.

Edited by chknwing
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Sam wasn’t good.  But so was everyone else.

Panthers going to look better with WRs dropping PJs passes  instead of Sam’s today?

But what people aren't acknowledging is even if you account for the drops, Sam barely completed 50% of his passes and resorted to running for most of the game because he was scared to throw.

And for weeks it's been the OL's fault, and yes, they are horrible, but look at what Sam does when he has time.  The first drive of the game and he hadn't been pressured at all.  He had forever to throw it and STILL threw a pick with good protection.  There are no excuses.  He is bad and needs to sit.

• Flames 1

Yeaaa go back and watch the lowlights from Clausen. Sam was Clausen-esque this game...until the end of the fourth quarter where he GAVE US A CHANCE TO WIN THE GAME. No matter how bad he played earlier on he put us in a position to win if our defense doesn't poo the bed at the end.

Clausen never gave us a chance to win. Not once.

Sorry not close.

• Pie 4

And also, thank you for this thread, Zod.  If I say it, my reactionary, emotional posting history undermines my credibility, and thats fine...  but, it should be fairly obvious that Sam needs to sit.  Like I said in the game thread, if we're just gonna chuck it deep and have the QB scrambling every play, we may as well put PJ in because he's better at doing both.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, chknwing said:

Sam had to take more chances because obviously hitting the receivers in the hands with the ball wasnt working.  Mana did everything but run out there and catch the ball himself.  No QB in this league would have survived with as much as the receivers failed in this game.  The blame goes on Brady for a dumb game plan. Run the dam ball.  The team is built for it.

If we ran the ball, we'd have givien our D more rest, their D less rest and probably at least 2 field goals. Also theres that no huddle thing that we didn't try til 5 mins left in the game that Sam looked good at. 

• Pie 2

He is what he always was. He has better coaching and roster here but that's not enough on it's own to clear mediocre. I never wanted Sam but he isn't Clausen bad. That helped get us Cam at #1, a tough feat looking at the bottom couple of teams. He is a good backup or a placeholder starter in the NFL, nothing to indicate he is a good long-term QB option other than blind optimism. 

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

But what people aren't acknowledging is even if you account for the drops, Sam barely completed 50% of his passes and resorted to running for most of the game because he was scared to throw.

And for weeks it's been the OL's fault, and yes, they are horrible, but look at what Sam does when he has time.  The first drive of the game and he hadn't been pressured at all.  He had forever to throw it and STILL threw a pick with good protection.  There are no excuses.  He is bad and needs to sit.

having time to throw and no one to throw to doesnt really help.  The wr ran lazy routes, didnt get open.  The Viking corners ran better routes than the wr did.

• Pie 2

Only positive about PJ is when survival mode kicks in behind a bad OL….he is a better pure runner and more evasive than Sam. 

As far as passers, while Sam might be slightly better they are in the same ballpark.  Because Sam is a backup QB in the NFL.  

I’m fine with going to PJ or sticking with Sam because it doesn’t matter who starts.   Results will overall be the same.  

But Rhule won’t admit the obvious on Sam.  He will go in scapegoat mode first.   But going the Sam route was always obvious….

• Pie 1