• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I think I'm ready for PJ

Zod

2 hours ago, Catsfan69 said:

But Darnold at least has talent and guts. 

You can work with talent and guts.

Guys listen. He just loses the right way. Saying things like this and then claiming Cam Newton wasn't a prolific rusher shows you have some blind spots and weird bias.

• Pie 1

PJ isn't the answer, never was. Warm body, that's all.

Darnold, unless something just monumental and unexpected happens, isn't the answer either. He could maybe be a serviceable back-up next year since we're on the hook for him. At the end of that the math might work right and we get a comp pick for him if someone else snags him.

We're going to either have to draft a QB and hope for the best, or, better, draft o-line early and often and try to find a steady journeyman QB to see us through. Really, the o-line is key here. Guys like Trent Dilfer have a Super Bowl ring because they have a good defense and an o-line that gave them a chance to perform.

2 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Darnold, unless something just monumental and unexpected happens, isn't the answer either. He could maybe be a serviceable back-up next year since we're on the hook for him. At the end of that the math might work right and we get a comp pick for him if someone else snags him.

We're going to either have to draft a QB and hope for the best, or, better, draft o-line early and often and try to find a steady journeyman QB to see us through. Really, the o-line is key here. Guys like Trent Dilfer have a Super Bowl ring because they have a good defense and an o-line that gave them a chance to perform.

At some point I think we need to draft a QB to be competitive consistently. Retreads aren't working.  But next year let's focus on the OL, get a decent journeyman vet in camp to compete with Darnold, and go into the year after doing whatever it takes to get our QB.  Ofc if the right qb falls to us at our pick next year that changes things... But we really, really need to invest in young talent on the OL.

Edited by mav1234
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Khyber53 said:

OR draft O-Line early and often, find a steady journeyman QB but start Sam to see if he gets better with a revamped (and better) O-Line or he still falls flat on his face.   If he does the latter, you start the Journeyman QB and never look back.   🤷‍♂️

Edited by glenwo2
  • Beer 1

11 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

OR draft O-Line early and often, find a steady journeyman QB but start Sam to see if he gets better with a revamped (and better) O-Line or he still falls flat on his face.   If he does the latter, you start the Journeyman QB and never look back.   🤷‍♂️

Why should the panthers  get a journey qb do what a backup can do for free? A journey QB is gonna cost at least 10 million, unnecessary money spent. 

2 hours ago, Tinamedina said:

Why should the panthers  get a journey qb do what a backup can do for free? A journey QB is gonna cost at least 10 million, unnecessary money spent. 

If you’re talking about Walker, and comparing him to Teddy or Darnold, unfortunately the truth is both have shown more in the NFL than PJ Walker. PJ, even for free, cannot do the same as Teddy or Darnold and it’s not close really. What is he at? 1 TD to 5 INT in his career? 

The gap is smaller between what you and Walker can do than the gap between Walker and Teddy/Sam. 

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, Varking said:

If you’re talking about Walker, and comparing him to Teddy or Darnold, unfortunately the truth is both have shown more in the NFL than PJ Walker. PJ, even for free, cannot do the same as Teddy or Darnold and it’s not close really. What is he at? 1 TD to 5 INT in his career? 

The gap is smaller between what you and Walker can do than the gap between Walker and Teddy/Sam. 

Zod is trolling but the couple of people who aren't...

Batman Facepalm GIF by WE tv

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

20 hours ago, SOJA said:

PJ walker is barely a serviceable backup. It would be idiotic to play him. Give Sam the full season we're already committed. 

This is coming from the biggest "we should have taken Fields" person on here 

PJ has been asked to realistically do his job once. 

we won 20-0.   Seems serviceable. 

His job isn’t to lead the team to huge comebacks after the starters have gotten us into massive holes.  That’s not the job.  

10 minutes ago, CRA said:

PJ has been asked to realistically do his job once. 

we won 20-0.   Seems serviceable. 

His job isn’t to lead the team to huge comebacks after the starters have gotten us into massive holes.  That’s not the job.  

I understand the take but we could have won 20-0 that game with countless number of backups. As far as his job, his job is to perform well whenever his number is called in the regular season. In his lone start and in his relief appearances his numbers have shown he’s not doing a good job in any role. He’s here because of his ties to Rhule and that’s fine. It doesn’t bother me. I’m not sold on Sam just like I wasn’t sold on Teddy but I think just about anyone can see that both of them are well above Walker. 

28 minutes ago, Varking said:

I understand the take but we could have won 20-0 that game with countless number of backups. As far as his job, his job is to perform well whenever his number is called in the regular season. In his lone start and in his relief appearances his numbers have shown he’s not doing a good job in any role. He’s here because of his ties to Rhule and that’s fine. It doesn’t bother me. I’m not sold on Sam just like I wasn’t sold on Teddy but I think just about anyone can see that both of them are well above Walker. 

Well, we have played worse teams and teams just as bad as that Lions team….and we have had more dominate defensive performances in some of them too and it the final score wasn’t 20-0.   

PJ’s first start was fine.  Simple as that.  And the PJ critics that claim he is horrific…largely stay hyper focused on the stats of him coming in throwing haymakers in a comeback attempt.   That’s not his job nor a scenario to evaluate him.  He is a backup QB.  And the one time he was asked to actually do his job…he did it.  Moved the team well.  Was accurate and efficient.  2 bad balls don’t void everything. 

Sam Darnold is a backup QB.  Any knock you have on PJ applies to Sam Darnold.   Sam Darnold isn’t better. That’s my point.   That isn’t PJ hype.   PJ shouldn’t see the field.  Only reason it is even discussed is because Darnold shouldn’t either.    I mean PJ ain’t going 0-17 if that is why you think Sam is on a different tier.    Panthers would find ways to win some with him too.  Especially vs the bad teams. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

18 minutes ago, CRA said:

Well, we have played worse teams and teams just as bad as that Lions team….and we have had more dominate defensive performances in some of them too and it the final score wasn’t 20-0.   

PJ’s first start was fine.  Simple as that.  And the PJ critics that claim he is horrific…largely stay hyper focused on the stats of him coming in throwing haymakers in a comeback attempt.   That’s not his job nor a scenario to evaluate him.  He is a backup QB.  And the one time he was asked to actually do his job…he did it.  Moved the team well.  Was accurate and efficient.  2 bad balls don’t void everything. 

Sam Darnold is a backup QB.  Any knock you have on PJ applies to Sam Darnold.   Sam Darnold isn’t better. That’s my point.   That isn’t PJ hype.   PJ shouldn’t see the field.  Only reason it is even discussed is because Darnold shouldn’t either.    I mean PJ ain’t going 0-17 if that is why you think Sam is on a different tier.    Panthers would find ways to win some with him too.  Especially vs the bad teams. 

Sorry but even as poorly as Sam has played, he's still better than PJ, whether he's a Starter or as Backup material. 

Not understanding this sudden renewed infatuation with PJ after Zod made a now-obvious TROLL thread that apparently certain posters took seriously....

Edited by glenwo2
  • Beer 1

17 minutes ago, CRA said:

We just disagree on what better is. Sam, in my eyes is absolutely better. And I don’t know if he should be a starting QB in this league. 

• Beer 1