Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

  • panthers-redskins-1.jpg

I think I'm ready for PJ


Zod
 Share

Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Her words :

Which really mean "I dont really do stats, Im all about sticking my head in the sand". 

They have these people called optometrists. I'm thinking that might help here... maybe?

 

Eh, probably not though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Catsfan69 said:

Did Darnold not have a 30yd scramble in crunch time during the comeback?

 

on average i mean. we seen what happens when darnold receives pressure. he's a little athletic, but not very much. the type of athletic im talking about is that wilson/cam level of athleticism, which is what is needed for this oline.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Tinamedina said:

 

on average i mean. we seen what happens when darnold receives pressure. he's a little athletic, but not very much. the type of athletic im talking about is that wilson/cam level of athleticism, which is what is needed for this oline.

PJ is not a Cam-level athlete or anywhere even close...

  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mav1234 said:

PJ is not a Cam-level athlete or anywhere even close...

 

our defense is so good, he really doesn't have to be. just enough to evade pressure oline wise when he needs to. cause honestly our oline isn't really that bad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seems to me, Pj gets the ball out of his hands quickly 

sometimes, it goes to one of our players, sometimes to the opponent’s players 

But, it leaves his hands fast….he does like one read and gone ….for better or worse 

I often compare Darnold to Charlie Brown.  He doesn’t try to be pitiful,  he just is.  

  • Flames 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Tinamedina said:

 

on average i mean. we seen what happens when darnold receives pressure. he's a little athletic, but not very much. the type of athletic im talking about is that wilson/cam level of athleticism, which is what is needed for this oline.

A player that has 5 rushing TDs is "a little athletic".    Judge Judy Reaction GIF by Agent M Loves Gifs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The line is really bad but it gives enough time to make good decisions. What we need is a QB who is capable of running the offense and making those good decisions.

Darnold is obviously not that guy but PJ wasn't great against the Lions. He was gunning balls into tight spots, which he sometimes got away with and sometimes didn't. Overall, I didn't see that he was much of a different gunslinger than Darnold.

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

...Hope we don't go down this road.

Here’s the full list of Browns quarterbacks since they re-entered the NFL in 1999: Tim Couch, Ty Detmer, Doug Pederson, Spergon Wynn, Kelly Holcomb, Jeff Garcia, Luke McCown, Trent Dilfer, Charlie Frye, Derek Anderson, Ken Dorsey, Brady Quinn, Bruce Gradkowski, Colt McCoy, Jake Delhomme, Seneca Wallace, Brandon Weeden, Thaddeus Lewis, Jason Campbell, Brian Hoyer, Johnny Manziel, Connor Shaw, Josh McCown, Austin Davis, Robert Griffin III, Cody Kessler, DeShone Kizer, Kevin Hogan, Tyrod Taylor, Baker Mayfield, Case Keenum.

 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/21/case-keenum-is-the-browns-31st-starting-quarterback-since-1999/

 

  • Beer 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

...Hope we don't go down this road.

Here’s the full list of Browns quarterbacks since they re-entered the NFL in 1999: Tim Couch, Ty Detmer, Doug Pederson, Spergon Wynn, Kelly Holcomb, Jeff Garcia, Luke McCown, Trent Dilfer, Charlie Frye, Derek Anderson, Ken Dorsey, Brady Quinn, Bruce Gradkowski, Colt McCoy, Jake Delhomme, Seneca Wallace, Brandon Weeden, Thaddeus Lewis, Jason Campbell, Brian Hoyer, Johnny Manziel, Connor Shaw, Josh McCown, Austin Davis, Robert Griffin III, Cody Kessler, DeShone Kizer, Kevin Hogan, Tyrod Taylor, Baker Mayfield, Case Keenum.

 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/21/case-keenum-is-the-browns-31st-starting-quarterback-since-1999/

 

That is what happens to bad franchises, especially when you cannot evaluate QB's properly.

I am not sure I see that in our future, given that two of our efforts were to obtain Stafford and Watson. We know what a good QB is, we just don't see what bad QB's are, apparently.

In truth, I think the issue is that our coaching staff has the college mentality of seeing talented players with untapped potential that they can mold. Well, that works well in college but it is a lot rarer to find in the NFL. And it is EXTREMELY rare to find after multiple seasons of being a professional football player. Weatherly, Erving, Elflien, Darnold, etc. These guys had plenty of tape showing they weren't the guys but our staff thought they could do what others couldn't.

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

...Hope we don't go down this road.

Here’s the full list of Browns quarterbacks since they re-entered the NFL in 1999: Tim Couch, Ty Detmer, Doug Pederson, Spergon Wynn, Kelly Holcomb, Jeff Garcia, Luke McCown, Trent Dilfer, Charlie Frye, Derek Anderson, Ken Dorsey, Brady Quinn, Bruce Gradkowski, Colt McCoy, Jake Delhomme, Seneca Wallace, Brandon Weeden, Thaddeus Lewis, Jason Campbell, Brian Hoyer, Johnny Manziel, Connor Shaw, Josh McCown, Austin Davis, Robert Griffin III, Cody Kessler, DeShone Kizer, Kevin Hogan, Tyrod Taylor, Baker Mayfield, Case Keenum.

 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/21/case-keenum-is-the-browns-31st-starting-quarterback-since-1999/

 

This is why I keep trying to tell Panthers fans to stop being so damn defensive of the Kyle Allen's Teddy Bridgewater's and Sam Darnold's of the nfl. When you lose an MVP talent behind center and only had one long term franchise quarterback in the 15 years before that you're likely to change quarterbacks several times before getting even close to that level of talent again.

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, frankw said:

This is why I keep trying to tell Panthers fans to stop being so damn defensive of the Kyle Allen's Teddy Bridgewater's and Sam Darnold's of the nfl. When you lose an MVP talent behind center and only had one long term franchise quarterback in the 15 years before that you're likely to change quarterbacks several times before getting even close to that level of talent again.

Only because of poor decision making. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Only because of poor decision making. 

The thing is.....each progressive decision at the position has made us worse. It really boggles the mind. 

Used up Cam > Allen/Heinickie > Teddy > Darnold. 

I am not even sure how we are going to get worse with our next move. Resurrect the ghost of David Carr??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

The thing is.....each progressive decision at the position has made us worse. It really boggles the mind. 

Used up Cam > Allen/Heinickie > Teddy > Darnold. 

I am not even sure how we are going to get worse with our next move. Resurrect the ghost of David Carr??

1323567320-850x560.jpeg

Yes...it CAN get worse.  😬

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...