• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Regardless of the end, I’m proud of sam

TN05

Just now, Shocker said:

I mean…this NFL is about right and wrong calls.  Personally I don't think Sam over Jones was a bad call.  I wanted Fields but that thought is totally up in the air.  He has been average so far.  Personally think QB should be the target in the draft but that doesn’t fix this team as is…the rebuild is being stretched.  If we draft QB no way of knowing if that will work.  We need a better OC and someone that knows offensive talent.  

Anyone over Sam was the right call. Anyone. Because in all those cases we wouldn't have traded draft capital nor be paying a non-NFL capable QB $18 mil next season. 

Also....the correct answer in 2021 was Slater. The correct answer after that was not trading down and drafting....another offensive lineman. And then not trading down again and drafting....another offensive lineman.

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

Pointless argument really. I'm one of the few left but I still say Sam has starting NFL QB talent. We've seen it at times. Could I be wrong?  Yep. 

I'm sure,  however,  that there are very few QBs in the league that could transcend how poor this coaching staff is. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Anyone over Sam was the right call. Anyone. Because in all those cases we wouldn't have traded draft capital nor be paying a non-NFL capable QB $18 mil next season. 

Also....the correct answer in 2021 was Slater. The correct answer after that was not trading down and drafting....another offensive lineman. And then not trading down again and drafting....another offensive lineman.

Naw man…this defense full strength is awesome.  The staff knows defense.  We are way behind with the offense and that includes Sam.  Not all his fault by any damn stretch.

1 minute ago, ClawOn said:

Pointless argument really. I'm one of the few left but I still say Sam has starting NFL QB talent. We've seen it at times. Could I be wrong?  Yep. 

I'm sure,  however,  that there are very few QBs in the league that could transcend how poor this coaching staff is. 

He does have talent, but simply not enough or doesn't show it consistently enough ... And maybe that'll change but he's not gonna show it on this roster... Maybe, if he can sit behind an established starter as a backup some day we could see him resurrect his career...

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, firefox1234 said:

That’s the NFL for you. The QB will always get the most poo whether he deserves it or not.

So true and the most popular guy in town is the backup QB after a loss.  Human nature.

Sam can’t win here…he plays with a concussion lingering and plays bad he gets destroyed.  He doesn’t play and he is weak.  Tough stuff.

Edited by Shocker

6 minutes ago, ClawOn said:

Pointless argument really. I'm one of the few left but I still say Sam has starting NFL QB talent. 

Here's what I choose to believe from your statement... that you are referring to PHYSICAL talent.  And, in that, you would be 100% correct.

But the issue with Darnold has never been physical, its all mental.

And if you choose to still believe, after the evidence before you time and again, that Darnold is capable of learning and playing the MENTAL game of an NFL-level QB, you are just delusional, my friend.

• Beer 2

16 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Ok…so what would you have done at QB?  Keep Teddy?  Stick with PJ and Grier?  Mr hindsight please tell me what you would have done?

The people in charge made a decision that was a difficult decision and have to live with it.  They don’t get to sit on the couch and dissect it all a year later.

Edited by Shocker

2 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Here's what I choose to believe from your statement... that you are referring to PHYSICAL talent.  And, in that, you would be 100% correct.

But the issue with Darnold has never been physical, its all mental.

And if you choose to still believe, after the evidence before you time and again, that Darnold is capable of learning and playing the MENTAL game of an NFL-level QB, you are just delusional, my friend.

Delusional... sheesh.  I do not claim to be a GM or scout. 

Yes I am primarily referring to the fact that I've seen him make all the throws that you have to make at this level. Consistently enough? No. 

Point is, there's only a few QBs in the league that would approach something resembling success in either the Jets or our situation. There are most definitely QBs that have come through the league that never had a chance.  Wrong team at the wrong time and all. 

3 minutes ago, ClawOn said:

Delusional... sheesh.  I do not claim to be a GM or scout. 

Yes I am primarily referring to the fact that I've seen him make all the throws that you have to make at this level. Consistently enough? No. 

Point is, there's only a few QBs in the league that would approach something resembling success in either the Jets or our situation. There are most definitely QBs that have come through the league that never had a chance.  Wrong team at the wrong time and all. 

The Cam-haters KNOW that China will be there as long as they keep digging! 😂

Since I couldn't pick which one of the 6.022 x 10^23 other bumped Darnold threads to post on this one will do.

The only part about the whole thing I'm mad at is the decision to go into the season with PJ Walker as the only other option on the roster when the (at the time presumptive) starter is a reclamation project.   The Panthers gambled and lost - that I'm fine with, I lean to gambling type decisions myself (this is probably why I'm not running an NFL team).  There should have been literally any other QB with some sort of starting experience on the roster so there was an option if the gamble started going poorly.  

In hindsight it was a bad bet, sure, and at the time it was still a very risky one; not hedging that bet is the real sin.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Take Trevor Lawrence for instance.  We have the number one pick and he is our guy.  You won’t find many guys more talented in the draft.  Would he being doing better than Darnold?  If you say yes, why?  He isn’t doing it in Jax.  He sucks and is terrible right?

How about Wilson?  How is he doing in NY?

Edited by Shocker

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

Take Trevor Lawrence for instance.  We have the number one pick and he is our guy.  You won’t find many guys more talented in the draft.  Would he being doing better than Darnold?  If you say yes, why?  

Yes.  Why?

Because Lawrence is a fugging QUARTERBACK.

A bad one?  A good one?  That is yet to be proven.

But he *is* a fuggin QB and Darnold has always been, in his development from HS to college to the NFL, a "tweener".

The QB game in the NFL is mental.  The MENTALITY you develop over your developmental years as a player is important.