• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

That's The Season

Proudiddy

This is not a playoff team rn. This happens almost every year. Win a couple games early, but reality sets in and teams start taking advantage of deficiencies that can't be schemed away.

Nothing can be done now that can make a difference this season, but Moton should be the only familiar face on the starting line on opening day next week. Highest paid free agent in 2022 needs to be an Olineman. Top draft pick needs to be an OLineman.

The trade deadline will be interesting this year with Fitterer as GM.

Rhule needs to let go of that college coach mentality. He figures himself a fixer-upper that can coach up mediocre talent. He did that successfully at Temple and Baylor (to a lesser extent), but that's less likely in the NFL. If he can't, then the LSU and USC jobs are open and Tepper can look for an actual NFL coach.

Edited by Dilla
  • Pie 1

6 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Ok guys, 600 total yards and 34 points including 2 missed FG and 2 missed 2 pointers and somehow the offense is what caused the D to fail? The D has had failures 3 straight games. Dallas and Minnesota move the ball at will and both got 30+ points. The Eagles are a meh offense and we held them until we didn’t.

We got 0 sacks today. 0, nada, zilch, donut on 50 pass plays including Cousin’s runs. The D didn’t wilt due to the O. We’ve given up 534 yards rushing and 5 rushing TDs the last 3 weeks after that “historically” great rushing D video. fug that idiot.

I’m not saying the offense isn’t a problem but we’ve scored 28 points two times in the last 3 games and lost both so the D is hardly playing good.

Offense scored 21 points and that was with the D putting the ball 18 yards away for them.    

that’s not enough offense when you are playing a team like a healthy Vikings team. 

If it wasn’t for the D and ST…. the O basically worked themselves into position to only get a FG in the first half.  That isn’t enough. 

Just now, Proudiddy said:

And tell me where I've been wrong on these notably "dramatic" predictions and proclamations.  The things the "soft, dramatic" fans have been bemoaning about for years are the same issues that keep costing us games, yet we/they don't know what they're talking about? 

I haven't been, and if I was, I would admit it.  The team is trending downward, so is the coaching staff, and Darnold has been bad.  That's where we are.  I don't see a sudden shift in the right direction.  The offense is outright dysfunctional and the defense has been either figured out or broken.

But no worries, we should just be grateful that the NFL gave us a cute little team to call our own down here.  It's a fun social event where we can barely show up, sit in our seats and get bullied by opposing fans when we do show up, and then just dismissively state "it's a rebuilding year" or "there's always next year" when we lose, so we don't have to acknowledge that expecting to win every year is an acceptable expectation.

Actually I wasn't even referring to you. I was referring to users like KillerKat, diehard, Snake, and anyone else I missed that were making these reactionary threads during the game. You waited until the game was over before declaring something. And while I don't agree that this loss is the end of our season I can respect the take. 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Varking said:

I think we are what we thought we would be in the offseason. We are the youngest team in the NFL with a project QB who lost its best player, one of the best in the NFL, for a few weeks... Anybody who was thinking we were going to run the table or win 12-13 games was just being optimistic after a "hot" start. We are a team in year 2 of a rebuild. If we get a couple breaks we are a 9 win team. If we play like an inexperienced young team then we are going to be a 6 win team. 

The turnaround from bad to consistently good was not going to happen overnight. 

....I don't like the vibe.....

6 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

The defense is stumbling badly, but we literally started the game with a pick putting them either in the RZ or right outside of it.  The offense can't sustain drives and haven't been for the last 3 weeks and every second half outside of Houston before that.  The defense can't play to our strengths when the opposing offense has control of the game.  Period.

Bad offense impacts a D negatively.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Varking said:

Actually I wasn't even referring to you. I was referring to users like KillerKat, diehard, Snake, and anyone else I missed that were making these reactionary threads during the game. You waited until the game was over before declaring something. And while I don't agree that this loss is the end of our season I can respect the take. 

Thank you for clarifying.  My apologies if my post seemed hostile or aggressive.  I know I'm viewed as a reactionary, and I acknowledge I do wear my heart on my sleeve, but I also know I'm knowledgeable on the sport and our team.  I hate losing.  Period.  I just assumed because you posted it here, I was the target of your complaints.  So again, my apologies.

• Pie 3

Just now, Proudiddy said:

Thank you for clarifying.  My apologies if my post seemed hostile or aggressive.  I know I'm viewed as a reactionary, and I acknowledge I do wear my heart on my sleeve, but I also know I'm knowledgeable on the sport and our team.  I hate losing.  Period.  I just assumed because you posted it here, I was the target of your complaints.  So again, my apologies.

Its all good my brother and I knew you didn't mean any real harm in your reply to me because even that reply of yours was pretty thought out. Its just a trend I have been noticing since last season. A chunk of guys here get upset and then believe that every thought of theirs deserves its own thread while the game is still going on. 

Panthers are who I thought they were. No where near championship contender, and they don't have the players to set a championship foundation. Wasted time, energy and talent. Good young talent though. Just not enough to build on.

Just wait this out like we waited out the Gettleman/Rivera failure. Panthers had their talent in Beane and McDermott... just missed the boat.

Wish we would replace head coaches and GMs as quick as we replace capable starting QBs who call out their coaches.

Rhule will want to replace Darnold as soon as he gets frustrated enough to call out the coaches.