• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

That's The Season

Proudiddy

4 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Right but when we were up 16-0 and 17-0 at half when the offense looked good early, that helped the D as well. It goes both ways. I’m not saying the offense is better than the D, but the D has no reason to be defeated after the O got 11 points in four minutes to force OT. The D just got rolled in OT. We had to at least hold them to a FG to have a chance.

I think the D is well ahead of the O, which makes sense with the FAs/draft picks, but acting like the O has somehow made the D not play well is missing the really poor plays. If you can’t win 2 games scoring 28 points then the D had a bad game and 534 rushing yards and 5 rushing TDs is inexcusably bad.

I look at it this way, if you had told me before week 4 that we’d score 28, 18 and 28 points in weeks 4-6 without CMC, I’d think the O did pretty well and with our D we’d win 2, maybe 3. Losing all 3 would require the D to fall apart.

Again, I agree they had to have been bad all day to give up 500+ yards of offense and the points we gave up, but that OT drive they absolutely were gassed.  They had just been on the field for the last drive before the missed FG and then came right back and had to stop them on the first possession of OT.  And that was after having had to be on the field almost the entirety of the 2nd half because the offense couldn't sustain a drive until the last one of the game.

I do believe as much as there is invested on that side, they have to make a play and get us off the field at some point, but there is no form of complementary football on the other side of the ball whatsoever.

47 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Ahh yes, "cooter."  I remember 3rd grade well.  Enjoy your Capri Sun.

There was actually a kid named Cooter...you might be a redneck if

oh also I remember like
Rusty
Rhett

You in for some neck reddening surrounded by names like at. Who names their kid Rusty.

Edited by Fox007
  • Pie 1

A Blind man could see this season unfolding the way it is.........from the beginning in preseason I have stated: 

1) Team has never prioritized developing a good O line and it is the weak link of the offense.

2) Darnold is a game manager at best.........

3) Defense is quick, light and gets punched in the mouth easy by a power offense.

4) Coaching stuff doesn't realize this isn't college.,,,,,NFL teams figure out what you are doing faster than you can adjust.......

5) This team would win 6 games this year. 

I stay with these statements..........

• Pie 1

I've been watching this team long enough to not get too emotionally invested. Second year with a new staff, awful O-line, injuries to key positions, etc. Though we were still at least a year away when the season started and it's starting to look that way, unfortunately.

• Beer 1

14 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

If saying you comparing my mother's genitalia to a hot pocket and calling it a "cooter" in the process is your definition of "besting," then sure.  

A lot better than you doubling down on the weak ass “moms basement”

Not to mention this pathetic thread and your more pathetic account