• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule Has No Answers

Proudiddy

1 minute ago, 4Corners said:

He inherited a mess at Baylor. No doubt about that. How Baylor escaped major sanctions is beyond me. Regardless, Texas is like Florida and California for premium recruits were a lot of 3Star kids would be ranked higher in different states. I never understood what the hype was all about as him as a pro coach because I had never heard of the guy. I guess I was believing what analysts etc were saying about him but so far he has not done a good job. 

it was an exciting hire with Ruhle here, but unless he figures it out quickly I don’t see it working out. 

Yeah, I was confused by the NFL hype. I figured he was coaching himself into position to get a shot at a legit powerhouse or borderline powerhouse but I really didn't see him getting a shot at the NFL when he hadn't even shown an ability to beat good college teams.

2 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

He inherited a mess at Baylor. No doubt about that. How Baylor escaped major sanctions is beyond me. Regardless, Texas is like Florida and California for premium recruits were a lot of 3Star kids would be ranked higher in different states. I never understood what the hype was all about as him as a pro coach because I had never heard of the guy. I guess I was believing what analysts etc were saying about him but so far he has not done a good job. 

it was an exciting hire with Ruhle here, but unless he figures it out quickly I don’t see it working out. 

It’s becoming more and more apparent what I feared. Rhule is a teacher, probably an excellent teacher, perhaps even a mentor. But I’m not sure he has what it takes to coach at a pro level yet, like I said in another thread. We have all this talent, at some point it’s pretty clear that talent is going to surpass him

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, I was confused by the NFL hype. I figured he was coaching himself into position to get a shot at a legit powerhouse or borderline powerhouse but I really didn't see him getting a shot at the NFL when he hadn't even shown an ability to beat good college teams.

Honestly have college coaches transitioning to NFL ever worked? I know Jimmy Johnson and Switzer but they had some good teams there. 

chip Kelly sucked 

jim Harbaugh couldn’t handle it 

nick Saban Couldn’t handle it 

Steve Spurrier sucked 

Pete Carroll did win a SB but he was also a massive cheater at USC, broke pretty much every rule, and did fail as an NFL coach with the patriots. 

Just now, 4Corners said:

Honestly have college coaches transitioning to NFL ever worked? I know Jimmy Johnson and Switzer but they had some good teams there. 

chip Kelly sucked 

jim Harbaugh couldn’t handle it 

nick Saban Couldn’t handle it 

Steve Spurrier sucked 

Pete Carroll did win a SB but he was also a massive cheater at USC, broke pretty much every rule, and did fail as an NFL coach with the patriots. 

Just seems to me like very different skillsets. The majority of college coaching is A) recruiting and B) motivating. NFL coaching is about scheming and game planning. Every roster has talent, some more so than others but you don't see any mismatches on Sundays like top 5 college teams enjoy virtually every Saturday.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, 4Corners said:

Well after that freebie contract for Wilson getting him in the 3rd round allowing them to build up and pay elsewhere Carroll has poo the bed....shall we bring up that pass instead of pounding Lynch for the free SB win...I mean if that happened to us it'd make sense and we'd understand it...very Panther thing to do and lose a SB that way...we even kicked a kick out of bounds after mounting a comeback in ours.

4 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Back to th e NCAA with you, sir.

Get Out Theatre GIF by Tony Awards

USC hasn’t been the same since Pete the Cheat broke every rule he could to win championships. USC football does not carry the same clout it used to. 

Ruhle going to USC makes a lot of sense. He could right the ship there, build them back - which is supposed to be his specialty. 

not to mention the fertile recruiting ground and the benefit of being at a private school. 

38 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

That’s not what I heard from his presser … he wasn’t clueless. He was clearly putting pressure on his coordinators. I expect him to get a bit more involved with the game plan moving forward as opposed to letting Brady and snow run it in isolation. 

How do you know that’s what has been happening thus far?

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Just seems to me like very different skillsets. The majority of college coaching is A) recruiting and B) motivating. NFL coaching is about scheming and game planning. Every roster has talent, some more so than others but you don't see any mismatches on Sundays like top 5 college teams enjoy virtually every Saturday.

To be fair I do think given time Saban had a punchers chance to be successful in NFL. I saw a story that during a practice he got mad at Philip Daniels for something and wanted him to run sprints but Daniels said something along the lines of “sorry Nick it’s in my contract I don’t do sprints” and laughed at him and went around calling him “Nick” the rest of the season which I’m sure got under his skin. Saban is used to basically controlling teenagers and kids lives and couldn’t handle an adult making a ton of money basically telling him to pound sand. 

my point is based on what I’ve seen from Matt I def think he has the personality to mesh and relate to pro players and get on their level but as far as actually coaching in an NFL game and planning and scheming he ain’t got it. 

53 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Nope. We need a much better OL, we need a much better OC, and we need a WB who doesn't throw an INT to start the game, plus WRs who don't drop half the balls that come their way.

The problems go way deeper than just one guy.

this is the correct answer, the other poster is playing in left field with no glove. 

• Beer 1