• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

And this is how you make a legend...

Khyber53

8 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

That one drive doesn’t erase everything that Sam does wrong. Great drive but as of right now he’s definitely not the answer.

This is pretty much his Jets story. Some highlight plays sprinkled into a bunch of questionable decisions. I missed the first int live but just rewatched on the highlights. How do you throw an interception with 5 seconds of clean pocket? Also he was throwing 5-10 yard rockets to guys that just needed a little less heat and we'd maybe cut those drops in half today

As I predicted the team fell short after a valiant effort at the end. Unfortunately, it came at the end when they needed more effort prior.

Sam shoulders his share of the stinker up to that point. But if Robby and DJ had caught those damn balls it would have been a completely different game for us. Even with Brady's crappy play calling. 

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 5

32 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

This is pretty much his Jets story. Some highlight plays sprinkled into a bunch of questionable decisions. I missed the first int live but just rewatched on the highlights. How do you throw an interception with 5 seconds of clean pocket? Also he was throwing 5-10 yard rockets to guys that just needed a little less heat and we'd maybe cut those drops in half today

Oh so THAT'S the excuse you're giving our Receivers?

They're supposed to be NFL Pro Wide Receivers.   Their job is to catch the friggin' Football whether there's high heat, low heat, medium heat or no heat.  

If they don't catch the ball, they're not doing their jobs.

And they didn't do their jobs today.  

Sam wasn't good but he also wasn't so bad as the stats indicate with the completion/attempt ratio. 

We got middle-of-the-road Sam for 58 minutes of the game(aside from 2020 NY Jets Sam making a brief appearance at the beginning)...Normally, if the Receivers caught the damn ball, it would've been enough but they didn't.  

Combine that with the Defense giving up so much yardage, especially on the ground, and you have a 3-3 team now.

• Pie 3

That last series by Darnold was totally off script from the rest of the game and had urgency and effort throughout. Something they didn't have all game until then.

Sam almost won us that game after just about every player not named Luvu had tried to lose it for us.

If you weren't cheering in just abject amazement as he flung us down that field, you'd either already turned off your TV, headed to your car or are just dead inside.

If you're a coach, you encourage that guy to be that man from here on out. That guy will win you games.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

That last series by Darnold was totally off script from the rest of the game and had urgency and effort throughout. Something they didn't have all game until then.

Sam almost won us that game after just about every player not named Luvu had tried to lose it for us.

If you weren't cheering in just abject amazement as he flung us down that field, you'd either already turned off your TV, headed to your car or are just dead inside.

If you're a coach, you encourage that guy to be that man from here on out. That guy will win you games.

You think maybe Sam was like "F*CK THE SYSTEM." and went Ham?

Imagine what this board would be like if the Defense could've stopped a nosebleed in OT and Sam brought us back then and won it? 

There will still be b*tching but not as much since we'd be 4-2.  

As it is, this drive....while amazing....is unfortunately going to be viewed as nothing more than a blip on the radar.  

Remember that to many here....Winning isn't everything.    It's the ONLY thing.

(If only the Panthers won the coin-toss in OT.....)

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 2

11 hours ago, Kuhndog94 said:

That's funny. Before the first play of the game, I looked over at my wife and told her "And this is how a legend starts..." It was meant to be sarcastic as I thought he'd be sacked immediately... 

but the oline just blocked and blocked and blocked and Sam just read and read and read and threw the best ball he could... I tell you hwat, Sam willed that ball right into the defenders hands. Amazing to watch, really. 

How many receivers did you see open yesterday? 

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

Oh so THAT'S the excuse you're giving our Receivers?

They're supposed to be NFL Pro Wide Receivers.   Their job is to catch the friggin' Football whether there's high heat, low heat, medium heat or no heat.  

If they don't catch the ball, they're not doing their jobs.

And they didn't do their jobs today.  

Sam wasn't good but he also wasn't so bad as the stats indicate with the completion/attempt ratio. 

We got middle-of-the-road Sam for 58 minutes of the game(aside from 2020 NY Jets Sam making a brief appearance at the beginning)...Normally, if the Receivers caught the damn ball, it would've been enough but they didn't.  

Combine that with the Defense giving up so much yardage, especially on the ground, and you have a 3-3 team now.

Also he's complaining about 5-10 yard rockets, I wonder if they were a fan of our previous franchise qb, I have a suspicion they might have been.  Most of these weren't "rockets", and basically every one the receivers got both hands on.  There is no excuse for those drops no matter how much it doesnt fit some people's narrative for easy fixes.

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

It was very Delhomme-esque, but the defense ruined it 

In their defense, they were gassed. But they seem to be that way by the third quarter anymore. Of course, they don't get much bench time anymore. 

If Brady could call a game instead of polishing up his resume` for LSU.

• Pie 2

At start of the game we had 15 or more Panthers fans at the bar. After the first play, a couple said Sam sucked and left. At the half we had maybe 6 or so. When we were pinned back at our own end zone down by 8, two of us were still there. 

I get it, we are a young team with our superstar out again along with Shaq and Horn. The O line sucks and we give up big plays on D. Brady and Sam aren't together on a scheme that works with the current roster and how many dropped balls can one anyone stand?

It was a good drive and it showed we have something to work with.  So there were two guys in a bar in NC making some noise as the Panthers tied it up in the last 2 minutes with a 97 yard drive. I'll take that for now, as to the rest of the fans that left....glad your Steelers beat a hapless Seahawks team. 

• Pie 3

Now if we'd won the coin flip and drove down the field and won...  

But the drive was fun.  When he completed that 4/10 to Ian Thomas...  Man, that was completely unexpected!  

Sam had some moments, but then a lot of poo.  The whole team missed plays, on offense and defense.  Though I'm not going to poo on the D.  They kept us in the game, despite our offense mailing it in for most of the game.  They just didn't have a chance to rest.

We had zero reason to be in the game, but we were.  There's something to be said for that!

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Tr3ach said:

Also he's complaining about 5-10 yard rockets, I wonder if they were a fan of our previous franchise qb, I have a suspicion they might have been.  Most of these weren't "rockets", and basically every one the receivers got both hands on.  There is no excuse for those drops no matter how much it doesnt fit some people's narrative for easy fixes.

The 5-10 yard rockets...I can't help but think he's talking about Chuba which is hilarious because Chuba is now in the NFL.

He should've been learning how to catch those rockets.

This ain't College anymore, son.     If he's expecting the lame ducks thrown to him on his college team, he better think again.

• Pie 2