• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How extensively will the offense need to be rebuilt this off-season?

hepcat

23 minutes ago, trueblade said:

We need a new Center badly. FA, or draft, we can't go into 2022 with Matt Paradis.

Yea but we can't feasibly replace every single lineman in one offseason. Paradis would be average with better talent around him but I agree a rookie at C should be looked at 

The OL is going to need some significant revamping in the upcoming offseason. Draft Tyler Linderbaum to be our center for the next decade in the middle of the 1st (possibly trading down and reacquiring a 2nd or an additional 3rd), bring in a veteran guard that is a capable starter, and then let Erving/Christensen/Daley/Brown compete for the other two spots.

If there's a chance that the team can grab/develop a TE2 as well, that would be incredible. The WRs, despite their trash-tastic day yesterday, are under contract for this season and two more.

Can you imagine how spoiled a rookie QB would be by this team if they're able to get the OL together while maintaining their weapons + defense? It's fun to dream!

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, SOJA said:

Here is how I fix the Panthers in one offseason:

One) Sign Terron Armstead this offseason. IDC what it costs. Sign him to a ridiculous three year deal. 

Two a) Explore but don't break the bank for Rodgers/Wilson. I would not do anything wild but if a Stafford like deal was there pull the trigger. I'm excluding Watson for obvious reasons but should he be cleared of any legal wrongdoing I would explore that as well. 

Two b) Draft Corral or Malik Willis. 

Three) Trade Sam Darnold to the Broncos for a fourth rounder. (TBH I'm just willing this into existence)

Four) With every remaining draft pick draft OG.

Five) Convert Christensen to Guard fulltime. 

New O-line

Armstead-Christensen-Paradis-Rookie/Daley/Brown-Moton

You had me till I saw Paradis...dude has callus' on his azz from...well, you know what..  worthless in my opinion... Anchor the middle is where it starts.

9 hours ago, stbugs said:

If we don’t rebuild the OL then we are doomed to continue to fail and not have a consistent offense. Our WRs can get rid of the dropsies as yesterday was bottom of the barrel, but a better OL will let them shine. CMC has to stay healthy. I wouldn’t be surprised if he could have played late last year but there was no reason. If we lose the next 2, would anyone be shocked if they shelved him again or really limited the touches? Next year, we better not have a Thursday game and if we do, he doesn’t play.

You hit it out of the park with this take.O line needs min 3- new starters and CMC was healthy for some of the games he missed last year and we might be seeing it this year also , heck somebody said he was jumping up and down on the sideline

It actually won't be a one season fix.  Sad but true.  Here is phase 2.  

1. Free agency and draft need to be offensive.   Remember the all defense draft?  

1a. Explore free agency for veteran guards right, left maybe both.  

1b.  Best center or LT in draft first round.  Whichever we did not address earlier get 2nd.  Whatever magic Fitterer can manage.  WR, RB and TE.  Tommy Tremble and T. Marshall Jr look like winners but we could add more talent.  CMC needs a goal line and short yardage spell.  

2.  Trim the fat.  Robby, Paradis, and countless others.  

Turnover the o-line as much as possible but keep Darnold.  A new o-line will need time to gel, it won't be a week 1 success so no point sacrificing a rookie QB to that (is there really a QB coming out next year worthy of a high draft pick?).  

The o-line needs to be a major overhaul.  Everything else can wait unless something comes along that's just too good to pass up.