• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who’s the best head coach in Carolina Panthers history?

Carl Spackler

3 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

John Fox had Peppers, 89, Gross, Dan Morgan, Beason, Mike Rucker, Kris Jenkins, TD, a steady kicker, an All-Pro punter, two Pro Bowl RBs and dude missed the playoffs 6 out of 9 years

You say that like he had them all 9 years together

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Fox wouldn’t have drafted Cam. He’d have taken Dareus. 

I bet Fox would rather go 0-16 his way and get fired than start a rookie Cam Newton in 2011.  Maybe I'm getting my events mixed up here but iirc he brought in Brian St. Pierre and started him on like a week's prep against the Ravens to give Hurney the finger over drafting Clausen against his wishes.

I'd give it to Rivera over Fox by a hair tbh.  His Super Bowl loss was way worse and he only took us to one conference title game but getting to go to the playoffs three years in a row including the monster run in 2015 was such a breath of fresh air. 

But yeah in general they're the exact same style of coach with Rivera being modestly more flexible.  Which isn't saying much admittedly.

1 hour ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

According to the Huddle, the best Panthers coach is the next coach lol. Speaks volume of how sucky our previous coaches have been. I will admit that our coaches (Fox/Rivera) have at least taken us to the Super Bowl, consistency was the problem. If Rhule doesn't take us to a Super Bowl, he sucks more than Fox and Rivera. 

The only time Rhule is taking anyone to a super bowl is if he buys a group ticket package. 

Splitting hairs. 

But I have Ron on top just because I think he was the best human of the lot.    It’s probably a tie in reality of Fox and Rivera.  Then Capers.  Rhule and Seifert presently battling over pecking order.  Not fair to really even mention Rhule though 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Splitting hairs. 

But I have Ron on top just because I think he was the best human if the lot.    It’s probably a tie in reality of Fox and Rivera.  Then Capers.  Rhule and Seifert presently battling over pecking order.  Not fair to really even mention Rhule though 

I agree with most of this. I think Rhule is on par with a Hue Jackson type.